Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles   i doubt if she was living in the OP's building, that she was homeless or starving.  

very nice of you to think that there might have been circumstances beyond her control, other than being a low life dirtbag. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My food was stolen

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

@SandySparkles   i doubt if she was living in the OP's building, that she was homeless or starving.  

very nice of you to think that there might have been circumstances beyond her control, other than being a low life dirtbag. 

@kittyloo  "So the delivery guy gets to my apt. building and he calls me. I tell him to ring my bell and I will buzz him in (then he is talking to some woman who said she will take my food to me

When I read this, It seemed that he was outside of her building when he gave the lady her food, because there was no mention of him having entered. If he was inside her locked security building, it would certainly present a different narrative, and would be awful if it was a neighbor of hers. Thank you for offering a different perspective.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Katcat1  WOW! That's reprehensible, and I'm really sorry that happened to you! I have a feeling that once you report it to Panera, and DoorDash, he will be out of a job delivering for them. I doubt that such recklessness will be tolerated, especially now. 

It's a good thing that you get a credit when things like this happen, and hopefully another "proper" delivery if you so choose.

When things like this happen, I often wonder how awful that person's life must be to make them resort to such things. She might have been starving, homeless or both-who knows. It certainly does not condone her behavior, but might make it a little easier to understand.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Or, she might have simply seen an opportunity... Not everyone who does rotten things has an 'excuse'...

Smiley Wink

So true.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

that is so low of anyone to do that!!

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@kittyloo 

the original poster never said that the person who stole her food lived in her apartment building.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

This is a first and the person who stole my food should be a shame of herself.  i ordered from Panera but they had Doordash deliver the food.  So the delivery guy gets to my apt. building and he calls me.  I tell him to ring my bell and I will buzz him in (then he is talking to some woman who said she will take my food to me).  The idiot delivery man gives my food to the woman and she steals the food order.  How low can someone be?  I am calling management tomorrow to let them know the new scam going on.  I don't understand how people can live with themselves for being so lowdown.

Cat MadCat Tongue

Door dash should have to re-send your order to you.  You did not give permission to the driver to give your food to someone else

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@elated wrote:

My son doesn't want me to go grocery shopping without him. He said people are crazy. He is worried about my safety. Sad to think they would harm seniors. 

Yeah, I have struggled to consider myself a senior since I turned 60 five years ago (it's like you are young and then BAM you're old!), but this kind of stuff really makes you think.

I have always been cautious of my surroundings so it came naturally but now I feel even more fervent about it.   When I leave a store I make sure I know if there is anybody behind me, to the side, or in the direction I walk toward my car.  I check it several times along the way.

Some of the people here who have to constantly insult people can call me paranoid.  I don't care.   I am pretty much defenseless at this point so I feel it's my duty to pay attention to my surroundings, even more than ever.  Smiley Happy

I was mugged and knocked to the ground at a local supermarket and I was only in my 50's at that time.   So yes. I agree with you.   We must pay attention to our surroundings especially at this time in history.    I am even cautious when my husband and I are out together.   We wouldn't be a match for a young punk intent on doing us harm.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@elated wrote:

My son doesn't want me to go grocery shopping without him. He said people are crazy. He is worried about my safety. Sad to think they would harm seniors. 

Yeah, I have struggled to consider myself a senior since I turned 60 five years ago (it's like you are young and then BAM you're old!), but this kind of stuff really makes you think.

I have always been cautious of my surroundings so it came naturally but now I feel even more fervent about it.   When I leave a store I make sure I know if there is anybody behind me, to the side, or in the direction I walk toward my car.  I check it several times along the way.

Some of the people here who have to constantly insult people can call me paranoid.  I don't care.   I am pretty much defenseless at this point so I feel it's my duty to pay attention to my surroundings, even more than ever.  Smiley Happy

I was mugged and knocked to the ground at a local supermarket and I was only in my 50's at that time.   So yes. I agree with you.   We must pay attention to our surroundings especially at this time in history.    I am even cautious when my husband and I are out together.   We wouldn't be a match for a young punk intent on doing us harm.

I'm so sorry that happened to you!!  Smiley Sad   I hope you came out of that ok.  

As we age, falling down becomes scary.   I fell and broke my arm pretty badly a couple (2.5) yrs ago, and ever since that day I am truly TERRIFIED to fall down. 

But to go down with force behind it is positively inconceivable.   It makes me shudder, as I sit here, thinking about it. 

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@elated wrote:

I'm so sorry that happened to you!!  Smiley Sad   I hope you came out of that ok.  

As we age, falling down becomes scary.   I fell and broke my arm pretty badly a couple (2.5) yrs ago, and ever since that day I am truly TERRIFIED to fall down. 

But to go down with force behind it is positively inconceivable.   It makes me shudder, as I sit here, thinking about it. 

Me too, @chickenbutt . I fell and broke 5 bones in my foot and what an ordeal that was for me. I think once you fall and have broken bones the thought of falling is terrifying. 

Honored Contributor

I am 69 years old and a 2nd degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do.  I would encourage everyone to take self-defense classes.  You don't need to take a full course and history of the Martial Arts of your choice, but there are specialty classes out there for women, seniors, children, etc. and specialized training.  

You learn & practice how to deflect energy aimed your way, you learn 'how' to fall down, which can be utilized within a second, preventing many injuries just from falling.  Many, many ways to stand your ground, deflect injury and develop the confidence to do so.  Many Seniors project an energy of not being able to defend themselves.  It's projected by how they carry themselves when they walk and human predators see this immediately and will take advantage.

Besides, in the right setting for Seniors, it's really a lot of fun!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*