Honored Contributor

I would hunt this women down, and confront her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

goldensrbest, is it really worth risking your safety for a few groceries? Let it go. As mentioned, "stuff" happens.

Honored Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

goldensrbest, is it really worth risking your safety for a few groceries? Let it go. As mentioned, "stuff" happens.

If the woman lives in the building, she shouldn't be hunted down. But she should be ferreted out and named and shamed. If she'd do that to one person in her own building, I'm sure she's been doing it to others as well. Gotta catch people like that. She should be at risk for getting kicked out.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My food was stolen

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Around here there have been home invasions and burglaries where crooks are looking for food and essentials. There were also a couple of carjackings where the crooks took off with vehicles loaded with food and other things and later the vehicles were found abandoned and cleaned out of the stuff.

@SilleeMee 

All I can say is...😲

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

The fact that she got away with it, would really eat at me ,she may keep doing it .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My food was stolen

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Around here there have been home invasions and burglaries where crooks are looking for food and essentials. There were also a couple of carjackings where the crooks took off with vehicles loaded with food and other things and later the vehicles were found abandoned and cleaned out of the stuff.

One of the things that disappear during such an overwhelmlng crisis is our social contract. Many are reduced to their more base, prehistoric fears and and to concern only for themselves and their families.

Violence and mayhem can ensue.

@suzyQ3  Very well said!!!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I feel like this will be a new thing - people either hanging out in grocery store parking lots waiting for an easy mark, or waiting in front of apartment buildings and doing what that woman did.

Those, to me, feel more like crimes of opportunity than people who are struggling for food, but I guess you never know.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
IMO there is no excuse for this, including resorting to basest human behavior due to social isolation, which we are nowhere even close to yet. The thief is a criminal who lacks a moral compass. Period.
Valued Contributor

That is horrible! Sorry that happened to you!

Years ago I was dating a guy whos dad had gone to the grocery store. They wrote the cart # on the back of his receipt for pickup and when he brought his car up, the groceries were gone. Someone had watched him and wrote the same # on a piece of paper and took his food. Thankfully, he had his receipt and the store replaced the items free of charge. I can't believe how evil people can be.

cookin

Valued Contributor

@qualityshopper:  Surprised that none of the seniors were carrying a gun which is legal in Ohio. I know that seniors here in AZ do. And most likely would have taken it out and shot the kid or whoever was harassing them in the rear. Not saying it would have been the right thing to do but...