Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Katcat1  WOW! That's reprehensible, and I'm really sorry that happened to you! I have a feeling that once you report it to Panera, and DoorDash, he will be out of a job delivering for them. I doubt that such recklessness will be tolerated, especially now. 

It's a good thing that you get a credit when things like this happen, and hopefully another "proper" delivery if you so choose.

When things like this happen, I often wonder how awful that person's life must be to make them resort to such things. She might have been starving, homeless or both-who knows. It certainly does not condone her behavior, but might make it a little easier to understand.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@Katcat1   Maybe if you call Panera, they'll send out a duplicate order. Don't they approve which services will pick up food for delivery?

Respected Contributor

Re: My food was stolen

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 Look in the mirror.  The enemy is us.  We have raised generations who've been told that there's no right and no wrong; everything's relative.  We've raised generations with no morals, no values, no judgement skills, and toitally self-centered.  We've created the "me generation".  You only have to look at the hoarding and fights in stores for products to see where this has gone.  Or remember the two people who bought 17,000+ bottles of hand sanitizer and tried to sell them on-line at gouging prices.

We're reaping what we've sown. 

Honored Contributor

This happened to me only once.  But it was years ago.  In fact, I was in college when it happened.  I went to the supermarket for my mom.  My sister was there.  We had a large load of food.  They cost was about $100.00  (remember, this was a long time ago.  $100.00 was closer to $500.00 in value)  We stopped the cart, so I could get the car to pull closer to the front of the store.  It was very crowded.  My sister was not paying attention to the cart.  It was grabbed by someone else, and pulled in the parking lot to another car.  We searched everywhere.  we even when up to people putting bags in their car.  We went in, told the owners of the store what happened.  They gave us credit!!!  Told us to shop again.  I've never forgotten it.

Honored Contributor

Re: My food was stolen

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  @Warrior2022    I contacted the mgt. office of my building today as they were closed yesterday and yesterday I contacted Panera immediately and they refunded my order and sent me another one using an employee of Panera at no charge.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Not quite the same, but my sister was telling me that her friend was shopping and left her cart sit while she walked up the aisle to grab something and when she got back, someone had stolen her toilet pape out of the cart. 

@catter70 

I finally scored some toilet paper today and I watched that cart like a hawk as I did the rest of my shopping. Definitely wouldn’t put it past people to take it out of someone else’s cart.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Around here there have been home invasions and burglaries where crooks are looking for food and essentials. There were also a couple of carjackings where the crooks took off with vehicles loaded with food and other things and later the vehicles were found abandoned and cleaned out of the stuff.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Around here there have been home invasions and burglaries where crooks are looking for food and essentials. There were also a couple of carjackings where the crooks took off with vehicles loaded with food and other things and later the vehicles were found abandoned and cleaned out of the stuff.

One of the things that disappear during such an overwhelmlng crisis is our social contract. Many are reduced to their more base, prehistoric fears and and to concern only for themselves and their families.

Violence and mayhem can ensue.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

The subterranean depths to which some humans will go, no longer surprises me. Sorry you had to deal with this. Sounds like those in your type of situation will have insist on "to your door" delivery in the future. What a shame.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Upsetting but "stuff" happens. Move on.

Respected Contributor

Was your generation any less greedy or morally superior cats01? Move on. Life is what it is.