Respected Contributor

Not quite the same, but my sister was telling me that her friend was shopping and left her cart sit while she walked up the aisle to grab something and when she got back, someone had stolen her toilet pape out of the cart. 

Respected Contributor

post it on the front door and warn other residents!!

Honored Contributor

That is very low to do such a thing!! People are just going bonkers right now.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My food was stolen

[ Edited ]

Right down there with my neighbor who stole my Martha Stewart XL tote when it was left curbside for recycling pick up. Still have not found the culprit, though I have some ideas as this was in broad daylight, early afternoon when most are at work.

Can you find out from Panera who made your delivery and get from him/ her a description of the neighbor who took your food? I would want to know & confront the thief AND let everyone else who lives in the building who the theif is so they can be advised.

Disgusting excuse for a person.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Not quite the same, but my sister was telling me that her friend was shopping and left her cart sit while she walked up the aisle to grab something and when she got back, someone had stolen her toilet pape out of the cart. 

@catter70 

Thats nothing new...people do that a lot during the Christmas Shopping season.....stealing from peoples carts....Some people really sink low when we should be pulling together...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

So sorry to hear that...What a sad commentary on humanity...... The DoorDash person was an idiot and the person that took the food should be arrested thats STEALING!!!   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Yes this is terrible but not surprising.  The despicable behavior I see from people nowadays. There are people getting in fights over a roll of TP even in my small-town stores.  SMH

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
@Katcat1 I don't understand your "I'm calling management morrow." Why didn't you call immediately so they would replace your food right away and insist that it be brought directly to you? And also insist they talk to the delivery person immediately so he didn't do that again with someone else's order? I think they would be more likely to believe you if you called immediately. By calling "tomorrow" they could think you were just trying to scam them out of another meal or get your payment back.
Valued Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

As @BrandiDavis  said, what the heck is wrong with people! I can't believe what some will do, especially when times are bad. I just heard yesterday on our local news that young people. in a nearby county in Ohio, were harassing senior citizens as they were grocery shopping during their designated time slot. These pieces of you know what were pushing them, grabbing things out of their carts, and trying to steal their purses outside the store. The sheriff is now keeping tabs at the store. I really can't get over what people are capable of. My wish is that, if any of these young jerks reach old age, they will get treated the same way they treated these seniors now. Here's hoping karma is a real thing.

This made me cry!  

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Katcat1I don't understand your "I'm calling management morrow." Why didn't you call immediately so they would replace your food right away and insist that it be brought directly to you? And also insist they talk to the delivery person immediately so he didn't do that again with someone else's order? I think they would be more likely to believe you if you called immediately. By calling "tomorrow" they could think you were just trying to scam them out of another meal or get your payment back.

I took it as she was going to call her apartment management.  But then again, I could be wrong.