Esteemed Contributor

Re: My family in West Palm Beach šŸ™......

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

My sister lives in Deland, FL and they're on track for a direct, category 4 hit. Sandy was a cat 3, Katrina a cat 5. I think we can picture the impact and result of a cat 4.

And no, she won't leave. Sigh. 

@gardensla  Why will she not leave to a safe haven?  Does she value her things over her life?  

Stubborn.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

My sister lives in Deland, FL and they're on track for a direct, category 4 hit. Sandy was a cat 3, Katrina a cat 5. I think we can picture the impact and result of a cat 4.

And no, she won't leave. Sigh. 

@gardensla  Why will she not leave to a safe haven?  Does she value her things over her life?  

Stubborn.

@gardensla  This must be very hard for you worrying about her. Sending ((hugs)).

Respected Contributor

I'm about 10 miles south of WPB, and 7 miles from the beach.  We haven't been evacuated, but are all shuttered and hunkering down.  It's very frightening!  So far, just some bands of rain and wind.  If the storm stays far enough off shore, it will be a big relief!  The cat 4 winds are closer to the eye, so we're hoping for the best, but we just don't know yet what will happen.  4:28, and we still have power.  Very grateful for that!

Respected Contributor

@ItsME  Be safe and know you are in my thoughts and prayers, as is everyone in the SE US. šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»

Honored Contributor

@gardensla, my niece won't leave Melbourne either. Stubborn. 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan  Thank you.  Things are starting to pick up now.  Very nervous, but hoping for the best.

Super Contributor

Anyone living in the Ft. Myer area, if you have time, could you post what you are expecting?  I can't tell much from the weather maps I've looked at.  Thanks and good luck to you!