Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

This is a serious question----not meant to be argumentitive.

Is this color and font difficult for you to read?

I have severe eye issues and find it much easier to see than the black on white.

The color looks good to me.  Easy to read IMO.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I am using comic sans ms, size three font and the lighter purple.

sometimes I go to a four.  I find for me the comic sans is easier to read.

Esteemed Contributor

My eyes are goo goo on here too (I admit), and I had cataract surgery last year! But I still need glasses to read and for astigmatism. I would love the make my font larger (and darker), so all can see but then people say I'm shouting. lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

It seems that none of you have taken the font type/style into consideration.

If you check out the 'Font Family' selections (just as you would do with email), you'll see that some are wider; meaning, the letters aren't so squished together.

I use "Comic Sans MS", BTW.

I use the same in 2.

Interesting that posters are reporting how different some posts appear to them.

Comic sans ms has always been my favorite font. I began using it here when it became available, and I hope it's not offensive to anyone. My favorite color is red but I think it will hurt some people's eyes. If red hurts anyone's eyes, please let me know on this thread, and I will change it. I also use Font Size 2 because I thought size 3 might be too big. 

I do love playing with the fonts and colors though Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: My eyes! My eyes!

[ Edited ]

HennyPenny, your color, font and size are easy on the eyes.  In fact, I'd call it attractive.  Woman Wink  I'm sorry if my post made you uncomfortable.  That was not my intention.

I have indeed considered both my font and its size in my posts.  I am a former newsletter editor; therefore, I know that serif fonts are easier to read.  Serifs are those little 'feet' on the bottom (or tops) of letters.  My font of choice is Times New Roman.  My font size is and has been a 2, which I'm thinking is comparable to a size 11 in word processing applications. 

Does it appear too small?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

For me personally, I prefer size 3.  Size 2 is too small for me to comfortably read.  

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

Here's something that will be easy on the eyes.

W MAGAZINE EVENT KATE MARA 2015 WOMEN IN FILM MAX MARA FACE OF THE FUTURE AWARD RECIPIENT.. HAD A BLAST XOXO BLESSINGS @maxmara @chateaumarmont @wmagazine WWW.NICKCHAVEZBEVERLYHILLS.COM

In all seriousness, yes, I can understand if someone posts in a bright font and no one can read it. Ever been to those websites where the backround is lime green and the font is hot pink?
~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Re: My eyes! My eyes!

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

It seems that none of you have taken the font type/style into consideration.

If you check out the 'Font Family' selections (just as you would do with email), you'll see that some are wider; meaning, the letters aren't so squished together.

I use "Comic Sans MS", BTW.

I use the same in 2.

Interesting that posters are reporting how different some posts appear to them.

Comic sans ms has always been my favorite font. I began using it here when it became available, and I hope it's not offensive to anyone. My favorite color is red but I think it will hurt some people's eyes. If red hurts anyone's eyes, please let me know on this thread, and I will change it. I also use Font Size 2 because I thought size 3 might be too big. 

I do love playing with the fonts and colors though Heart

Comic Sans is my favorite font too, Sunny.   And I use font size 2 as well.

The shade of red here is a softer one, with a tinge of vibrant coral.  I think it's very nice and not too vivid.

My favorite color is green, so my replies are in various shades of it.  

Although sometimes shades of blue (my second fave), and occasionally others.

I registered  the first day the boards changed over, and as a lifelong creative person, I was thrilled to see and play with:

*all the font colors

*all the font styles

*the different font sizes

*the feline (!) and other emoji's 

So I totally get the fun aspect of the new boards.  :catvery-happy:

P.S.:  perfect avatar for you!

Contributor

The text below "testng" is almost invisible and I cannot read it.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Where is this magical font size in numbers?  I chose large font, rather than medium, in my preferences, but apparently that only works for me to read.

Tansy, you can choose the numbers for individual posts.  Like you, I have my font set to large in my settings.  That should apply to all posts.  I don't know why your font would look small to some people.  To me, it looks like it's the same size as mine.

Both of your fonts look the same size on my laptop.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.