Super Contributor

Is this font better?  Now I've set it to a 4 from the individual post.  Maybe I'll have to set it each time.  To me, this looks exactly the same size as my large that I normally use.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

My font looks like a 1?  I'm sorry.  I've got it set to large.  This seems like something else they need to work on.  I'm on a Mac.

I believe that large font setting is for your personal reading, not posting.  You must set the font size for individual posts.

Super Contributor

Re: My eyes! My eyes!

[ Edited ]

@muttmom wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

My font looks like a 1?  I'm sorry.  I've got it set to large.  This seems like something else they need to work on.  I'm on a Mac.

I believe that large font setting is for your personal reading, not posting.  You must set the font size for individual posts.

What do you have yours set for?  To me it looks like about a 1.  They need to change the default font size to be larger than it is.  Is this better?  It's a 4.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Respected Contributor

Tangerine, Tangerine, Living reflection from a dream;
I was her love, she was my queen , now a thousand years between

Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

What do you have yours set for?  To me it looks like about a 1.  They need to change the default font size to be larger than it is.  Is this better?  It's a 4.

Yes, this looks like a 4 to me.  My reading font is set to the default, medium.  I always post using a 2.

Honored Contributor

It seems that none of you have taken the font type/style into consideration.

If you check out the 'Font Family' selections (just as you would do with email), you'll see that some are wider; meaning, the letters aren't so squished together.

I use "Comic Sans MS", BTW.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Weird Tansey.  I posted to you in font #3.   Yours looks like a #1 to me.

Honored Contributor

I'm on another message board a lot and use this.

Respected Contributor

A serious response.  I can't figure out ow to make the text larger on my own messages, let alone those of others.

Also the stark white background is very harsh on my eyes. I have cataracts that can't be removed just now, and I have to get close to the screen anyway.  If you could go to a softer background it would be infinitely easieer for me. Thanks for your consideration of this request. I really hate to give up the Board, but may have to as it is giving me a severe headache.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

It seems that none of you have taken the font type/style into consideration.

If you check out the 'Font Family' selections (just as you would do with email), you'll see that some are wider; meaning, the letters aren't so squished together.

I use "Comic Sans MS", BTW.

I use the same in 2.

Interesting that posters are reporting how different some posts appear to them.