Respected Contributor

Re: My early morning encounters

@ID2 wrote:

I've always been an early riser. I feel I see so much more of the beauty of life in the early morning hours. Now that we have retired and live on a lake there;s nothing like sitting on our porch overlooking the early morning sparkly water having a hot cup of coffee. Birds are busy feeding their young, fish are jumping and if I'm up early enough I hear my resident loon out on the lake giving its woeful call. Heaven on earth. Heart

Are you having Chock Full of Nuts, it's that "heavenly" coffee.☕️😇

Valued Contributor

When I lived in south Orange County, CA, I was right at the base of the foothills.  Early morning walks in that locale could always be counted on to reveal the local wildlife.  I remember lean coyotes loping through the fields, squirrel and possums galore, and one slightly scary encounter.

I was rounding a corner and jumped when I heard a truly blood-curdling growl at my feet.  Turned out to be a BIG male racoon that I had startled.  I backed away a few steps, he looked at me and then took off across the street, much to my relief.

And then there's the semi-wildlife.  One of my neighbors had a little tabby cat that she used to let out at night, which I really hated to see, because it definitely wasn't a safe area for pets.  This little lady cat, however, was a proficient huntress and I nearly always saw her trotting home through the parking lot, generally with something limp and furry in her mouth.  She was still at it when I moved away, so she was quite the survivor.

While there's a lot to like about my current residence, and its location, I do miss those walks.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Regular Contributor

Nature walks are so peaceful and soothing and good way to recharge and renew. Nice thread @hoosieroriginal.❤️

Frequent Contributor

Bunnies? Chirping Birds? Grazing deer? It sounds as though you've stumbled into Snow White's forest!! What an amazing way to begin your day. We don't have many trees and greenery here, rarely see deer or bunnies.....but definitely snakes, armadillo and turtles! LOL. I think I'd prefer your walking trail to mine :-)
Frequent Contributor

@KateinOK wrote:
Bunnies? Chirping Birds? Grazing deer? It sounds as though you've stumbled into Snow White's forest!! What an amazing way to begin your day. We don't have many trees and greenery here, rarely see deer or bunnies.....but definitely snakes, armadillo and turtles! LOL. I think I'd prefer your walking trail to mine :-)

It does sound nice doesn't it!

Frequent Contributor

@KateinOK wrote:

Sounds like a beautiful Disney movie! Smiley Happy