Honored Contributor

My dentist is open for business on May 19th

Received an email today...this is in Washington State, Seattle area. .

I had my last cleaning cancelled on April 1st.. I really am not excited  about getting my teeth cleaned until I feel more safe. 

Maybe in 6 months I will see where things stand. 

Regular Contributor

Re: My dentist is open for business on May 19th

I actually had an appointment for tomorrow but pushed it back a month. I will see then if I feel comfortable going in.

Honored Contributor

My dentist's office called yesterday to cancel my cleaning appointment for this Wednesday.  They said they planned on rescheduling sometime in June.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a call earlier. My appt. is set for tomorrow and I am going.

Honored Contributor

My next dental cleaning is scheduled for June.  I plan to go.  My puppy's dental cleaning is scheduled for June.  He plans to go, too, or I should say I plan to take him.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

My dentist opened May 1st after being closed for the entire month of April.  I was the first appointment of the day for a root canal.  

New procedure is when you arrive you stay in the car and call them to let them know you have arrived.  You stay in the car until the hygienist comes out to the car to ask you a series of questions and have your temperature taken.  If you pass that you are taken straight into the dental room.

I felt very safe with the new precautions.  

Respected Contributor

I was scheduled to go this past Thursday but my dentist office is still closed so of course it was cancelled.  I don’t think they will open until the end of the month.  I’m not sure if I will feel safe to go then even though I know they will try their utmost to make it safe. I just feel like this virus is so sneaky. 

Honored Contributor

My 6 month was in April and of course I didn't go.

I honestly think I'll wait until it's a yearly.

Then can interview people all they want in the parking lot, but I just don't feel safe about it yet.  That's just too *invasive* of a procedure.  I'll wait it out....

Respected Contributor

I actually have an appointment to have mine cleaned on the 19th. I will be going. I have to wait in my vehicle until they call me to come in. Wear a mask. They will be taking my temperature and asking me some questions. I will be the only patient in at that time. They are just having one at a time and the people working will have on mask and gloves. I just want to get it done. Of course I will take my mask off once I am in the chair.

Respected Contributor

My dental cleaning appt was over 1 month ago....we were shut down...and from the looks of things our state may never allow another dental cleaning again.  I will have to leave the state to get a exam/cleaning and any other treatment.  I sure hope it doesn't call for that but I am open to it as I won't wait until the fall when flu season starts up!  

I just hope some folks in power here get control of the state and post dates to open up.