Honored Contributor

Re: My dentist is open for business on May 19th

I can see going for an emergency or other pressing issue but a routine exam or cleaning can wait in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

my DD works in an orthodonics lab, will be open the 18th too. She's been home since March 20.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I got a call earlier. My appt. is set for tomorrow and I am going.

I beat you I went Tues. 

Super Contributor

Overdue for my 6 month cleaning.  Nope not going.  My dentist isn't asking me to just yet either.  But I'm not going to go for a long while yet UNLESS I'm experiencing pain in a tooth.  I'm glad I saw him just before this Pandemic broke out because I did have a tooth giving me a lot of pain and I had him just pull it.  But for a routine cleaning/checkup it can just wait and wait.  

Esteemed Contributor

I’m overdue so I have an appointment in July.  I’ll probably reschedule for September .  

Respected Contributor

I had an appt scheduled for 6 month check and cleaning. The dental office called yesterday and said all cleanings are cancelled and they will call when they are doing them again and reschedule. My appt was the last week of this month.

Honored Contributor

I Just got back from having my crown replaced on my tooth....  all fixed up

I hope it was a safe trip. .  no self distancing... kind of impossible in the dentist chair.  My dentist was all suited up. I was the only one not wearing a mask... mouth open. 

Came straight home. Washed up everthing.. car... door knobs... etc. 

Now I have to incubate again and worry.

Honored Contributor

May 19 is the actual date of my next cleaning appointment.   I called the office on Monday to see what is up.  They said that they will hear next week from the dental association as to what they will be doing.

But I figured that maybe I need to postpone it, so we did a postpone for now.  With all the strikes against me, it doesn't seem like a good idea.  I just need to get more of my rx toothpaste, as I'm running out.

I can't even imagine anybody wanting to work in peoples' mouths, unless it's an emergency but there, of course, is never an easy answer for so many things affected by this.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

May 19 is the actual date of my next cleaning appointment.   I called the office on Monday to see what is up.  They said that they will hear next week from the dental association as to what they will be doing.

But I figured that maybe I need to postpone it, so we did a postpone for now.  With all the strikes against me, it doesn't seem like a good idea.  I just need to get more of my rx toothpaste, as I'm running out.

I can't even imagine anybody wanting to work in peoples' mouths, unless it's an emergency but there, of course, is never an easy answer for so many things affected by this.  Smiley Sad

Yes... thank God  and blessings for Doctors, Dentists and all medical workers

Super Contributor

As long as I don't have a medical or dental emergency, God forbid, I wouldn't even consider going to any appointments until September, even then I'm hesistant.