Respected Contributor

Re: My dentist is open for business on May 19th

Our dentist opens up next Monday. 

Trusted Contributor

@CoffeeNut 

Same procedure with my dentist in AZ.  Went yesterday and appointment went very smoothly.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Arizona and ours opened up May 1st and I went in that day for my cleaning. No issues. The hygienist was covered head to toe, place was spotless. Then I went last week to begin a tooth implant and the only thing bad was sitting in the car waiting for them to come and get me. Even though it was 9 in the morning it was still hot. Thank God for A/C. Then I went this morning for a follow up. So I've been to 3 dentist appointments in 12 days. 

Honored Contributor

I'm going tomorrow in AL.  My original appt was Mar 3 but I wasn't feeling well so I cancelled.  the makeup appointment then got rescsceduled with the thinking they were only going to be closed a few weeks.  Then it was cancelled indefinitely.  I joked at the last reschedule before long we would be into my next 6 month appointment.  No more than what my dental insurance pays for I plan to at least get the max out of it. I don't know why Hubby kept it.  I suggested he cancel last year.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG. This is so ironic.  I was having dinner tonight after posting about my Dentist office opening May 19th....AND A CROWN ON A BACK  BOTTOM MOLAR CRACKED IN HALF😢😡😳

WAaaaa😭

So, I called my Dentist on his private line that he gave out to all patients when the office closed...told him what was going on...told him I could wait until Monday when they opened. But no, he wants me there tomorrow morning at 8AM.  He and his assistant will meet me there. 

Not what I had Planned....not excited about having this done with this virus thing going on....but what else can I do? Life is unpredictable that is for sure.

The good thing is that it is  just a few people.....just me, the dentist and his hygienist...no one else. Less chance of getting the virus...and he said they would be doing all the protocols foe safety. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

My appointment for cleaning was cancelled.  I am relieved because my hygienist has three teenagers and if they are anything like the teenagers in my neighborhood they don't follow any rules.   My dentist is only open for emergencies.  

Esteemed Contributor

As dentistry was my field my whole career  and my daughter is also a certified dental assistant, I have to say I feel safer in the dental office than in the supermarket, that's for sure!  Dental offices have always had strict infection control and sterilization standards.

My daughters Doctor is reopening on Monday in Massachusetts.  They have the same protocol in place having people wait in their cars and being brought straight into the rooms, no waiting areas!    Don't worry about going to your appointments!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal @I think the dentist I go to has some areas he could work on for infection control.I like they wear gloves but they touch other things in the room during the course of my treatment and don't change out the gloves.They could have touched those same surfaces while treating another patient.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex  Protocol is generally that surfaces touched in an operatory are covered with a disposable plastic which is changed between patients.  If they are not covered then they are sprayed with disinfectant to clean those surfaces.  If this is not being done then I would suggest changing dentists.  Just sayin.

Honored Contributor

Mine opened last week for all procedures and they have worn masks for years anyway. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."