Esteemed Contributor

My dear friend is dying and I am so sad

We have been friends for 50 years and had some wonderful times together. She developed breast cancer ten years ago, had chemo , did well and went into remission. It came back early this year in her head, stomach, and continues to spread. It is difficult to eat and drink so she is very weak. She lives in the high desert of So California and I am in AZ so it isn't easy for me to get there.

She has been approved for hospice care and has a hospital bed and family and friends are keeping her as comfortable as they can. I spoke with her two days ago and when she told me she doesn't want this to go on, she wants the end to come I had to really hold myself together and not cry. Thank God she has no pain at this point.

She has a good friend from her young days on Long Island and that is where I met her so he and I are keeping in touch and keeping each other apprised of her condition. I didn't intend to go on this much but it hurts so much to know that my dear friend is dying. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam