Honored Contributor

Re: My daughter is very sad today.

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

First time a policy was cancelled because of a death?  

@CrazyDaisy   I assume if you've passed away, you won't be driving anymore. 

Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy Of course not. She’s upset because of all the senseless deaths due to Covid, and because she’s a compassionate woman
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

My insurance company sent me an affidavit to have notarized, confirming that I was still ALIVE.     (I was NOT thrilled.)

@Desertdi 

😮

And who is this INSENSITIVE insurance co????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I worked in a big hospital during the peak of the AIDS epidemic and I saw many people, friends and friends of friends pass away from it....it made me very sad. It's extremely sad that, after all these years, we still don't have a vaccine for it. I still think about some of those people today. 

Honored Contributor

We can't have enough caring and compassionate people in the world! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Through her grief, I hope she was able to process a refund to his estate for the unused portion of the premium.

Super Contributor

@Leggett28  I'm sure it's hard to cancel an insurance policy for anyone who dies so young! A child from my son's school died of an overdose at home at the beginning of the school year. This child would have been in school if our school board hadn't made the terrible decision to cancel plans to reopen with a hybrid model. I didn't know this child, but I mourned, and am still mourning, the needless death of someone so young. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

My insurance company sent me an affidavit to have notarized, confirming that I was still ALIVE.     (I was NOT thrilled.)

@Desertdi 

😮

@Spurt    The one that holds my PENSION.   They are withholding payments until they receive PROOF that I am ALIVE and "someone else" is not getting the money.......    di

PS:   The notary said she has seen a lot of these affidavits.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

😮

@Spurt    The one that holds my PENSION.   They are withholding payments until they receive PROOF that I am ALIVE and "someone else" is not getting the money.......    di

@Desertdi 

download (3).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi 

😮

@Desertdi ...I'm missing something here?...What initially led them to think that you may not still be ALIVE and sending you the affidavit in the first place? 

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~