Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor
On 6/5/2014 tansy said:
On 6/5/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 6/5/2014 tansy said: Did he have any new ideas to help you?

I posted in Health and Wellness under my Prednisone thread how the rest of the appt. went. He's a winner, that's for sure.

I'll take a peek over there then.

I just realized it's not my thread, but I have posted on it so many times, I adopted it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor
My personal all time favorite doctor story goes back to a visit where I was having a yearly exam that included the exam that women like the least. I know my physician and his nurse quite well because I am also in healthcare. They left the room briefly so I could undress and ready myself for that part of the exam. Before re-entering the exam room, they gave a quick knock on the door and he said, "Open up, it's the FBI!". Needless to say, I laughed through the rest of the exam.
Honored Contributor
On 6/5/2014 Seattlegirl98026 said: My personal all time favorite doctor story goes back to a visit where I was having a yearly exam that included the exam that women like the least. I know my physician and his nurse quite well because I am also in healthcare. They left the room briefly so I could undress and ready myself for that part of the exam. Before re-entering the exam room, they gave a quick knock on the door and he said, "Open up, it's the FBI!". Needless to say, I laughed through the rest of the exam.

OMG . . . that's hysterical!! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor
On 6/5/2014 Seattlegirl98026 said: My personal all time favorite doctor story goes back to a visit where I was having a yearly exam that included the exam that women like the least. I know my physician and his nurse quite well because I am also in healthcare. They left the room briefly so I could undress and ready myself for that part of the exam. Before re-entering the exam room, they gave a quick knock on the door and he said, "Open up, it's the FBI!". Needless to say, I laughed through the rest of the exam.

That's cute. I had a doc who told me his latest scuba diving adventures while doing that exam.

I just thought it was funny and weird to be talking about how deep he went and what he saw down there, while he was "down there." Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor
I like that story Marien! It's an awkward exam to begin with and I appreciate that they try to distract you from what's happening.
Honored Contributor

These stories are so funny!

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor
On 6/5/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 6/5/2014 Mama Mia said:
On 6/5/2014 Preds said:

Love a doctor with a sense of humor.

and good looking helps too!

mm

And he is good looking . . . he's adorable. He's an orthopedist.

Ford, hmmmmmm, orthopedist? Break a leg. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Respected Contributor
This whole thing went right over my head I guess, because I don't even understand the doctor's comment and/or see what's so funny about it.
Super Contributor

I was having orthoscopic surgery on my knee, and the anesthesiologist came in (it was early in the morning.) He said, "I just had a margarita. Want one?" I guess I looked funny because he said, "just kidding." So I said "after this is over, we'll both go get one."