Respected Contributor

Re: My closest Macy's is closing in February

The Macy's at Eastview Mall is a beautiful, well-maintained store. But I have to say, my SIL and I went shopping three weeks before Christmas, and couldn't believe how few shoppers were there. This is generally a bustling mall.

A sign of the times, I guess.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow! I was just at our local Macy's the other day, and picked up some amazing deals. I was not aware of the increase in closings, and am crossing my fingers ours does not close, because It is only 20 minutes away.🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I don't like to see stores close and people lose jobs.  Macy's has been on a slow downward spiral for years.  It's likely too late to turn it around now.

Respected Contributor

Macy's, Kohl's and Belk are the 3 stores where I do most of my shopping. I hope none are closing in metro Atlanta. It's not just inconvenient to have to find another store not too far from me It's the loss of jobs and careers for so many people that is sad. 

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

The same thing happened in my city.  All the good dept stores closed.  We have one higher end dept store but they rarely have sales so I can't afford to shop there.   I now shop at Macy's online - luckily, they offer free shipping and returns to shoppers who reach certain levels of sales over the years.  

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain!  I lost my Macy's a couple years ago! This was my go-to store. It was a wonderful store - clean, well-stocked, and the clerks were long-time employees, who were friendly and helpful.  I have hardly any places to shop near me.  It's distressing to me because I love shopping in real stores!  There is a Macy's about 40 minutes from me, but I rarely get there.  And I hear its not doing all that well.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

My Macy's store in Central PA is closing, as well. It's the last major store in our mall. I was in New York City for a day trip a month ago and Macy's was really booming, and decorated so elegantly for the holidays. Our local Macy's has never been very impressive, but I have always shopped there for clothes. I'll miss it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ours is closing also.  I was in it before Christmas and after and didn't find anything to buy (and that's very unusual).  This store was 15 minutes away.  Ther two closest to me now  will be a little over an hour away,  I

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Northern MD, our Macy's is now a "fitness gym" ... fortunately a Belks became another anchor store in the same mall when Bon Ton closed.   Shopping for gift giving is now a chore, as Belk's offerings do not compare to Bon Ton (aka Carsons).

Esteemed Contributor

A Macy's in CT is closing as well. That particular anchor store isn't doing very well and the quality of merchandise in that particular store is lacking. I like to brick and mortar it myself. Online shopping has its place, but not to replace mall stores.