Valued Contributor

Re: My closest Macy's is closing in February

@sgraham30 wrote:

@DearPrudence wrote:

There's another Macy's 1/2 hour from me, but it's at Woodfield Mall which used to be the biggest mall in the world.  It always feel like an ordeal when I go there. My shopaholic days are behind me, LOL!

@DearPrudence, I was just at Woodfield earlier today to exchange Fabletics leggings that I'd ordered online. Prior to today, I hadn't been in Woodfield for years. I don't see myself going back anytime soon. I went into the mall through Macy's, I had to ask 3 different employees how the heck to get out into the mall. They have the mall entrance so well hidden, you feel like they don't want you to leave the store!

Where are you located? I'm in Hanover Park, 7-10 minutes from Stratford.

Algonquin.

Respected Contributor

A poster mentioned thieves and that's gotten to be a larger problem, both for our Macy's as well as outlet mall with high end shops.  Thieves just show up in groups, gather boxes, expensive clothes or jewelry and run out the stores.  Strip centers make escape too easy.  Frustrating.  Not only adding danger to my shopping experience, adding cost, and forcing me to change my shopping habits.  So angry.

Honored Contributor

Our Macy's seems to be doing well in my area of NC. I have gotten a lot of good deals there though the clothing is kind of a hit or miss for me. 

Maybe you could shop for Estée Lauder at Sephora or Ulta if you have one in your area. 

Trusted Contributor

Of all the store closures, I miss Macy's the most. That was my favorite store and I could always find something. It has been a big loss for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Seattle lost the Macy's at Northgate Mall, and then some. It was one of the very first Malls in America and now over half of it is closed to make room for a hockey training center and a public ice rink. I feel lost now that I can't zip over to Northgate and do some last minute shopping. Sign of the times, I guess.

Honored Contributor

Retail is changing with the speed of lightening..We are back to catalog buying ,of sorts

It has worked out well for me. I can never find this variety in a store, in my sizes..I like it

The world is my oyster

Honored Contributor

We aren't lucky enough to have a Macys, but our beautiful Pier One is closing and the whole store is on sale. I am so upset! We have no place to shop in our town except for Kohl's and TJMaxx.......Everything else has closed. Our Mall has no anchor stores, and is on its last legs. 

They remodeled the whole inside which looks gorgeous, but they have no decent stores for people to shop in so what good was it? I tend to do most of my Macy's shopping online, as the closest is about an hour away. Hopefully that one won't close! Our Bed, Bath and Beyond just closed about a month ago as well.