Honored Contributor

Re: My cat is going into a weight loss clinical study

On 3/24/2015 mochachino said:

not a Maine coon but his daddy was a big ole tom cat that roamed around the horsebarn. He has been a big cat since he was a year old. I look at pictures of overweight cats and they say they will not have a waistline. Well, he does have a waist, his chest is quite big from the shoulders down to his abdomen.

I always thought he was just a big cat with a unique body but he does weigh more than he should according to the vet. So hopefully we'l see at the evaluation. He has been checked twice in his life for thyroid condition but does not have tat problem. Either way, he is a big sweetie and a big scaredy cat. His "sisters' OTOH are big brave kitties.

I doubt he is overweight if he was big as a youngster, sounds like some of the Maine Coon rescues I had once, just big guys. Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: My cat is going into a weight loss clinical study

If you're not happy about the specifics when you're finished investigating this clinical study, why not feed him a high quality "healthy weight" food for indoor cats (since they burn less calories) ? {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}