Trusted Contributor

Re: My brother in law died today

Condolences.   May you find strength in his memory.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for your BIL, May he rest in eternal peace.

Condolences to your sister, her family, his family and all who loved him.

New Contributor

So sorry for your loss. Today is Nov. 1. I am hoping she is a little used to his absence, if there is such a thing! Give hugs for me please! 

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry for your family's loss.  Sympathy to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry for your loss. It must be especially hard for your sister since it was sudden, but she will learn how to manage all those household tasks. You're wise to have advised her to hire help for any important projects.

My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease in 2015. This year he had a paralyzing stroke so he is now in a skilled nursing facility. The man I knew for almost 60 years is gone. He used to do all the home repairs....plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc. He was an accounting professor so he handled all our finances. I now handle all of it. When it comes to repairs, I've learned how to find good people since I am mechanically inept. As my husband's Alzheimer's worsened, he neglected many projects. Once he entered the facility, I started digging in to those projects. The last one this year, repairing my backyard deck, is almost complete. I feel I accomplished a lot. Your sister will reach that stage too. She needs time and support. She'll get there.