Trusted Contributor

Re: My brother in law died today

My condolences to you, your sister and the entire family.❤️

Regular Contributor

@spumoni99 

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother-in-law.

Praying for strength for everyone.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother in-law and pray your sister will feel peace and comfortt in the days ahead. 

Honored Contributor

spumoni99

Deepest condolences to your sister, you and all family and friends.  When someone becomes ill or injured, fights to live a couple weeks or so and then dies, it is hard to believe; it very much feels like a bad dream.

Stick by your sister because she is going to need emotional support.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 - I am so sorry for your sudden loss. Your sister is lucky to have your support at this time, and you are right- things will never be the same again. But your sister can devote herself to her business and in time find her new way. 

I can say this because we went through a similar situation in 2019. One of DH's sister's husband had a brain aneurysm at the same age. He was in good health, working with his brothers that day at his mother's house. 

My SIL has had a lot of support and help. She has 3 grown sons who live nearby. There is a lot of work to do, as she and her husband had the family farm (no longer a working farm). She feels like doing some things, and not doing others. The boys help her. We don't live close, but we try to talk to her a lot.

I will pray for her, you, and the rest of your family.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone I read every reply and it means a lot.

My brother in law was larger than life, he was a police officer when they first married, he had to retire with an injury.  We had some different opinions on politics but i loved him and he loved my sister and was a perfect match for him, both very picky about the house!  She drove her first husband crazy!  

He helped me when my one daugher went through her crazy teen years, my husband wasn't good at handling it he would just get mad and shut down, David my brother in law was better at trying to talk to her about making better decisions.   He may or may not have heard us but I told him everything I wanted to say. Even though he was all man and hunted etc he would pick out nail polish for the girls when they went shopping, he had 4 sisters.  He always insisted on opening the door of the car for my sister, he was an old fashioned gentleman.

He has a 35 hear old son from his  first marriage but my sister never had children both of her husbands had vasectemies before she met him.  He did have a wish of becoming a grandfather so I wish that would have happened but it wasn't meant to be.  His son was there and is taking it hard.  

Respected Contributor

Deepest sympathies to you @spumoni99 ...Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Condolences to your sister and your family, may you all  find peace in knowing he is no longer suffering. God Bless

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99   So sorry for your loss.   May his memory be a blessing.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 I'm so sorry to hear about your brother in law.  How very sad for his wife and family.  It must be such a shock.