Super Contributor

My brand new, $500.00, Dyson V11 has stopped working!

I can't believe it! Last night, I was vacuuming my carpet, and my Dyson stopped working! Now, to better understand my position, this is my 2nd one. I had ordered it, as a TSV, the end of last Oct, 2019, and loved it, until it stopped working! OK... no problem, I'll just exchange it. Now, I have the 2nd one, and it stopped working, the same exact way the first one did! How is this possible?  I called QVC, and said, "I can't be the only person this is hapenning to". I was told they had no reports of anyone else having this problem. I will be sending this back today for a full refund. It's sad because this is the best and most powerful stick vac I have ever used, and I really loved it!

Honored Contributor

Re: My brand new, $500.00, Dyson V11 has stopped working!

We consumers need to unite about these shoddy products. I keep bringing this issue up on the forum. I'm sorry about your Dyson. Get your money back.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes if it's a choice between a $99 vacuum and a $500 one you have better luck with the $99 dollar one. Not just vacuums but various appliances and electronics and other "stuff".

Respected Contributor

I purchased a Dyson several years ago luckily the thing still works, but the problem I have is the weight of the vacuum which is 16 pounds wears me out trying to push the thing. In my opinion Dyson is way overrated. Honestly I don't think it works any better than other vaccums I've owned that cost way less.

Honored Contributor

I just googled this model's reviews and it recived 4.8 stars out of 5. The vacuum had well over a thousand reviews. Maybe the Q bought seconds?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Whenever I read stories like this pertaining to expensive appliances, I always question whether this merchandise is really first quality.   

When hosts say QVC bought out a large supply of an item, I instantly think of other well known discount stores who do buyouts, and wonder about the quality of stuff bought here.  

Because of those feelings, I limit the type of things bought from QVC.   

Honored Contributor

@Tangocash Call Dyson CS.  They are amazing.  

Super Contributor

Good news! I just got off the phone with Dyson. They couldn't be nicer. They registered my 2 year warranty, starting today, and are sending me a new Torque Drive power brush head. I accepted his offer, as I reallly love this Dyson. So, I'll be keeping it, and hope this doesn't happen again.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope you get all fixed up! I quit buying Dyson after Consumer Reports reported quality problems. I just looked it up again, and this is what they said back in March 2019:

"Consumer Reports is removing all Dyson models from its list of recommended stick vacuums because consumers can’t count on them to last. Survey data we posted recently reveals that Dyson stick vacuums develop problems or break at a higher rate than those of any other brand in our tests".

I had never seen CR do that before, and decided not to chance it. Woman Wink

Edited to add: Looks like you had good results while I was still typing my reply. Glad for you, and I hope this one serves you well!

Honored Contributor

Two with problems just since October???    No replacement head for me, thanks. Full refund and I'm moving on. Give me a $100 Hoover Wind Tunnel. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?