Honored Contributor

Re: My boozehound neighbors are getting started early this weekend

@Lali1 ewww....pastor and hot tub party...

@Lali1 wrote:

If I drink one beer or glass of wine around noon or before 6 pm I'm asleep. I don't know how people drink all day and night. 
I have a pastor who loves to have hot tub parties near me lol My dogs are forever barking at them. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    On another thread, people complained that firecrackers scare their pets.  Geez, they ought to live in the Southwest where it's cool to shoot guns up in the air.  What goes up must come down, and people have been killed this way, right?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There is a little house around the corner from us that is a rental. For some reason, any people who move in there never realize how far their voices travel. They sit outside drinking, and the men, in particular, have voices that are low and booming, especially after a few. We have to close our bedroom and bathroom windows, which is uncomfortable to say, the least, in summer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3    I think voices travel more at night.  I've noticed that too.  There could also be a wall deflecting the noise.  Have you talked to the people?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    On another thread, people complained that firecrackers scare their pets.  Geez, they ought to live in the Southwest where it's cool to shoot guns up in the air.  What goes up must come down, and people have been killed this way, right?

@Kachina624    Yes indeed.......and I can honestly tell you that I NEVER sit near a window.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I live between two families with teenagers right now.  Everytime the adults go away there are parties.  As I am listening to the laughter and loud music I just think this too will pass!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@suzyQ3    I think voices travel more at night.  I've noticed that too.  There could also be a wall deflecting the noise.  Have you talked to the people?

@Kachina624, we're reticent to approach people about that. The current residents give me a bad vibe anyway. Another thing is that if we were to approach any neighbor politely about this, and they continued with the same behavior, that would should down our ability to contact the police regarding a breach of the noise restriction anonomously.

We had other neighbors in the past that were far worse -- it was similar to Animal House. We'd give them a while and then report them. The police were usually within ten minutes. One night they even had to come back. Thankfully, they seem to have matured. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten Can you give me their address, lol?!?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

My neighbors are just content to fire their weapons............

you can't fix stupid..........

@nana59  This world is full of millions of human beings, unfortunately there are way to many that are indeed STUPID in many different ways!  Every neighborhood has them, I have them in my block...and their individual behaviors never change as they age because they are such degenerates they learn how to dance around the law and the police!  

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten Can you give me their address, lol?!?  

Me, too! After being spied on and snooped at nearly 24/7 by my neighbors, I could use a drink!

Today's fun was being told that I'm in violation of the stay home order. My crime? Playing golf 5 of the last 7 days. Oh yes, they know that golf is allowed, but I'm doing it too often, at least according to them. Ugh. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~