Honored Contributor

Re: My boozehound neighbors are getting started early this weekend

our neighbors have a 10 and 12 year old who don't go to school...but are up every morning at the crack of dawn all year long screaming and playing in the backyard that backs up to ours...last night they were improvising with something and were banging on them like drums....they never attended school even before the coronavirus...they just basically run wild....and no homeschooling either; I checked. So they are free to ruin any evenings we might want to spend on our patio....oh, and the parents, who are big drinkers, enjoy their noise so they are outside also...cheering them on to play longer.
Respected Contributor

@claros wrote:

I love to read these annoying neighbor posts, as it helps me realize I am not the only one dealing with thoughtless and inconsiderate neighbors.   Although ours seems to deliberately go out of his way to annoy those around him.

claros, we actually have some of the very best neighbors you could ask for but once in a while we get come real characters. Mostly their shenanigans are amusing but sometimes unsafe--like the people who allowed their 3 and 6-year old children to roam the neighborhood naked. Honestly, who could make this up? (someone finally had a word with them because they were from Europe and I guess attitudes are different there.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@claros wrote:

I love to read these annoying neighbor posts, as it helps me realize I am not the only one dealing with thoughtless and inconsiderate neighbors.   Although ours seems to deliberately go out of his way to annoy those around him.

claros, we actually have some of the very best neighbors you could ask for but once in a while we get come real characters. Mostly their shenanigans are amusing but sometimes unsafe--like the people who allowed their 3 and 6-year old children to roam the neighborhood naked. Honestly, who could make this up? (someone finally had a word with them because they were from Europe and I guess attitudes are different there.)

I can tell you from experience that the attitudes in Europe are definitely different! I have a beach place in Florida, and we get a lot of European visitors in the fall. The families with young children think nothing of letting them run naked on the beach, and there typically ends up being an unhappy conversation with the police who patrol the beach about the local ordinances. Heck, I have adult friends from Norway and Sweden who thought nothing of stripping out of their wet suits after a swim and changing in to dry ones to sit on the beach. When it was explained to them that this just isn't done in the US, they thought we were a bunch of silly prudes. Now they at least wrap a towel around themselves before changing. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

i have had some rowdy neighbors over the years in my development across street, back side of my house. 

Some people just don't understand to tone it down after a certain time. One time we had a renovation guy doing renovations from 12 midnight to 5am 7 days a week. We complained bitterly about all the pounding,sawing, and who knows what else to the neighbors  the neighbors gave up renovation, let the house go into foreclosure, they moved to ??? Was glad to see them go.