Respected Contributor

Re: My boozehound neighbors are getting started early this weekend

@ScarletDove Yes, I've noticed this too. These people are indeed stupid but yet pretty clever in knowing how to screw the system to get what they want!

Super Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten Can you give me their address, lol?!?  

Me, too! After being spied on and snooped at nearly 24/7 by my neighbors, I could use a drink!

Today's fun was being told that I'm in violation of the stay home order. My crime? Playing golf 5 of the last 7 days. Oh yes, they know that golf is allowed, but I'm doing it too often, at least according to them. Ugh. 

Your neighbors must be related to mine.  They think they run the neighborhood and  they are somehow entitled to inflict themselves as to what others are doing,  should or should not be doing.  No boundaries whatsoever.  I so feel your pain.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

@ScarletDove Yes, I've noticed this too. These people are indeed stupid but yet pretty clever in knowing how to screw the system to get what they want!

@KKJ  Degenerates do not change, they just get older and more clever in evading the police and the law!  I have watched it across the street for 20+ years.  Or, someone in the home knows "somebody" who lets them off and they continue to get away with law breaking!

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Me, too! After being spied on and snooped at nearly 24/7 by my neighbors, I could use a drink!

Today's fun was being told that I'm in violation of the stay home order. My crime? Playing golf 5 of the last 7 days. Oh yes, they know that golf is allowed, but I'm doing it too often, at least according to them. Ugh. 

@FrostyBabe1  Oh dear, you have neighborhood authoritarians--how obnoxious.  Considering golf is allowed, your golfing is really none of their business and I would tell them just that!

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@FrostyBabe1  Oh dear, you have neighborhood authoritarians--how obnoxious.  Considering golf is allowed, your golfing is really none of their business and I would tell them just that!

Oh, I have. I've bluntly invited them to buzz off a number of times. It doesn't do any good. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Lali1 ewww....pastor and hot tub party...

@Lali1 wrote:

If I drink one beer or glass of wine around noon or before 6 pm I'm asleep. I don't know how people drink all day and night. 
I have a pastor who loves to have hot tub parties near me lol My dogs are forever barking at them. 

I know my husband thinks it's creepy. I guess pastors gotta have fun too. 

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Lali1 ewww....pastor and hot tub party...

@Lali1 wrote:

If I drink one beer or glass of wine around noon or before 6 pm I'm asleep. I don't know how people drink all day and night. 
I have a pastor who loves to have hot tub parties near me lol My dogs are forever barking at them. 

I know my husband thinks it's creepy. I guess pastors gotta have fun too. 

Sounds like a good way to unwind. My BIL is a pastor but doesn't drink. He's a strict Baptist.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

We are on a canal with houses on both sides, one neighbor throws an outdoor karaoke party most warm weekends, another likes to sing like he's howling at the moon, the water carries the sound right to our ears.  It is funny.  If I could even come close to carrying a tune, I'd join the karaoke crowd and bring additional refreshments.  I'd sound more like the howler.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

My neighbors are just content to fire their weapons............

@Desertdi ... I hope they don't point those weapons in the direction of your house when they fire those weapons.  Dangerous sport.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam