Honored Contributor

My son and his family live in So. Cal. where I lived my first 61 years.

They are having very heavy rains and tho he's an excellent driver, I worry about the other drivers. We were talking last night and I told him I was worried and he assured me he would be fine.

This morning he texted me 2 photos: One of him smiling outside his office building and the 2nd in his office also smiling and putting his jacket away. He did this to show me he was OK. He's such a loving and kind son. Don't know how I got so lucky Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

Your son was thoughtful and knew it would make you feel better to see those photos.

My son does similar things. If he's out of town he will text saying when he's home in bad weather. 
    He will text a photo or funny picture in the morning or night knowing I'll reply with similar and we are safe at home. It's unsaid, but we have mental telepathy! 
    I'm glad our sons are so considerate. 
    🤱 👦🚙👨🏼 🤳🏼 💙

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Wonderful Son!

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids ...Well, Mom, I know how you got so lucky!...It's because, during that very crucial time between birth and adulthood, you became his role model and guided him along the path in life to become a very loving and kind person...So he actually became a reflection of you! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I know exactly what it feels like to raise a thoughtful and kind son, Absolutely nothing else brings joy like having their light in our life.

Good job @Love my grandkids ! 💕💐

Esteemed Contributor

My 2 sons treat me very well. They are generous with their time and call and text me more than I do them. My DIL is also wonderful. It was a rocky start but we both put in the work and really get each other. A blessing in disguise. Heavy rain in So Cal is a legitimate concern on the road with other drivers. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

Until trucker daughter hit the road and found herself on the other side of the US, alone, she never understood why I wanted her to check in and let me know she's okay.  She truly gets it now.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  That's wonderful!! I know how lucky you feel. I too have an amazing son.He checks in with me every day & is always willing to drive over & help.I see him often. I'm truly blessed.

Super Contributor

Re: My Wonderful Son!

[ Edited ]

Bravo to you for raising a wonderful son!  That's very sweet and thoughtful.

Honored Contributor

He must have had a wonderful father who instilled good values and set a good example. I believe fathers are so important in our children's lives when teaching young men how to treat women.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

My son and his family live in So. Cal. where I lived my first 61 years.

They are having very heavy rains and tho he's an excellent driver, I worry about the other drivers. We were talking last night and I told him I was worried and he assured me he would be fine.

This morning he texted me 2 photos: One of him smiling outside his office building and the 2nd in his office also smiling and putting his jacket away. He did this to show me he was OK. He's such a loving and kind son. Don't know how I got so lucky Heart

@Love my grandkids 

Sounds to me like he was/is the lucky one also. Kids don't grow up to be this caring by accident. Don't sell yourself short.

"Doesn't fall far from the tree"!

"Reap what you sow"!

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)