Esteemed Contributor

I went to wal mart yesterday. It was so full of people, it is hard to follow the 6 ft apart rule. You need something, you wait for people to get out of your way. By the time they get out of the way, there are two more waiting. If you have to look to find exactly what you are wanting, people can get cranky.

There were two poor women in there in wheel chairs, right in the thick of it. I let them go ahead of me. 

There were several families there, with small children none wearing masks. 

I haven't been to wal mart often, since this started. I'd order our groceries and do the pick up. I am wondering now, if the traffic inside the store ever even slowed down.

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I went to wal mart yesterday. It was so full of people, it is hard to follow the 6 ft apart rule. You need something, you wait for people to get out of your way. By the time they get out of the way, there are two more waiting. If you have to look to find exactly what you are wanting, people can get cranky.

There were two poor women in there in wheel chairs, right in the thick of it. I let them go ahead of me. 

There were several families there, with small children none wearing masks. 

I haven't been to wal mart often, since this started. I'd order our groceries and do the pick up. I am wondering now, if the traffic inside the store ever even slowed down.

At 7:30 on a Saturday morning I was customer 167 at the Super Walmart.  Perfect time to shop.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

You know I actually found myself not compliant, totally not on purpose, I am just so concerned about being there I am laser focused on getting what I need and getting out.

I found myself going the wrong way.  I don't go up and down every aisle...I have a list and run from one item to another as fast I can and find myself going wrong way.   

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@pigletsmom   Exactly...our walmart does not have one way aisles but weeks ago an elderly couple were shopping together and pretty much stopped in the middle of the end of the aisle..I could not get around them.

Instead of asking them to move I went to the other aisle...picked up what I wanted and headed back to the 'original' aisle...they were still there...again  I did not ask them to move...I guess I should have offered to help them...I just moved on to a different aisle.

Exactly!!  I notice elderly people won't move and will block an area for a long time. And don't get me started on those motorized carts!

You could not say Excuse Me?.....I am sure they would let you by.... I would if I were in the way.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I'm sticking with Instacart.  I had originally got them during the early days of this pandemic.  I'm staying with them.  I just don't want to take the risk of going in to supermarkets weekly.  Even later in to this summer.  I'm thinking this wave will subside a bit before the a  2nd wave hits in the fall.  There most certainly will not have a vaccine by then anyway. As it is now, I barely go outside. I feel like a hermit.

Shoekitty said, arent they fabulous?   It costs a bit more, but totally worth it.  I use Instacart for Costco.  I have used Instacart 4 times, twice I had same guy.  Can he ever pick out watermelon.  Also, they follow my instructions on picking out a roasted chicken. Costco is a horrible place to navigate and so large in te best of times.  For the extra money I get someone to deal with the crowd, the rules and the doggone horrible traffic and parking.  That alone is worth it.