Honored Contributor

Re: My Thoughts on the Virus

I am totally disgusted,that our government has failed us, with the fact that there is not enough test.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

What bothers me the most about this virus is that it can be inside someone who shows no symptoms and others may feel like they might just have a bad cold. These people would spread the virus unknowingly...that really bothers me especially when there isn't enough tests to go around and they turn you away if you feel fine and have no apparent need to be tested. 

Honored Contributor

There should have been areas set up back in January where ANYONE who wanted to be tested could be tested.

Our government really scroooed up.

Regular Contributor

This chart was posted on WebMD on 03-10-20.

photo of cold vs flu vs coronavirus infographic

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I am totally disgusted,that our government has failed us, with the fact that there is not enough test.

I hope the CDC has gotten a handle on this with no more missteps.  And I would love to see our government properly staff and fund where needed immediately.

Honored Contributor

I really do not understand where our government failed us except to keep doing business with China for years. China was making our medicines and our testing kits.  Why did we not have enough?  They were practically shut down because they had let this thing that they made loose.  We were not set up to manufacture our own kits.  We depended on other manufacturers since the 1990s.  We are learning not to depend on other governments.  We did not have the availability of kits and even if we did, not everybody is going to be showing signs or symptoms to be tested.  Do you get tested for every disease in the book when you want it?  No, because the supply could not meet the demand. CDC was so confused about this because it is a new kind of virus although Coronavirus has been around for years, not this one.  I do believe, deep down, this was manufactured for Iran to use on our troops and I believe that it was manufactured in Wuhan and they knew it for months, but they did not want to let us know.  It was only when a whistleblower let us know.  By then, they had thousands infected in China but these Chinese government did not care.  Also people were infected in Iran because they let it get away from them.  They intended it for biological warfare.  Italy is practically owned by the Chinese now, so wonder why they were heavily infected.  You will find, when there is a true whistleblower who can tell all out of China, this was done for biological warfare and it got out of their hands and the hands of the Iranians for whom it was designed for the purpose of biological warfare to use on USA troops.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I really do not understand where our government failed us except to keep doing business with China for years. China was making our medicines and our testing kits.  Why did we not have enough?  They were practically shut down because they had let this thing that they made loose.  We were not set up to manufacture our own kits.  We depended on other manufacturers since the 1990s.  We are learning not to depend on other governments.  We did not have the availability of kits and even if we did, not everybody is going to be showing signs or symptoms to be tested.  Do you get tested for every disease in the book when you want it?  No, because the supply could not meet the demand. CDC was so confused about this because it is a new kind of virus although Coronavirus has been around for years, not this one.  I do believe, deep down, this was manufactured for Iran to use on our troops and I believe that it was manufactured in Wuhan and they knew it for months, but they did not want to let us know.  It was only when a whistleblower let us know.  By then, they had thousands infected in China but these Chinese government did not care.  Also people were infected in Iran because they let it get away from them.  They intended it for biological warfare.  Italy is practically owned by the Chinese now, so wonder why they were heavily infected.  You will find, when there is a true whistleblower who can tell all out of China, this was done for biological warfare and it got out of their hands and the hands of the Iranians for whom it was designed for the purpose of biological warfare to use on USA troops.

Where are you getting these theories from, @NameAlreadyTaken?  

Valued Contributor

There is no shortage of conspiracy theories going around about this virus. I have heard them from people on both sides of the Atlantic.

I expect there will be even more and even crazier ones if this situation goes on for an extended period.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

There seems to be no shortage of tinfoil unfortunately.

@Porcelain wrote:

@tansy The alt right has lurched from saying it's all just a hoax to saying it's just the flu to saying it's just Chinese immigrants. None of which has any anchor to reality, but all of which puts the blame away from the caustic causes they support. Grifters gotta grift.

Everyone knew they were going to try to find a false scapegoat. It's so predictable.