Honored Contributor

Re: My Thoughts on the Virus

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I can't decide if I should cancel my tests for next week at the imaging center. I go back and forth. The appts are hard to get but being in a small room for three different tests and three different nurses is making me nervous plus the fact that they are so close to you and intimate somewhat. 

I have a few days before I would have to cancel but how do you decide?

Get your tests done. Do not put off needed medical treatment or tests unless your local authority tells you to.

The nurses will wash their hands. They're some of the safest people for you to be around!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I can't decide if I should cancel my tests for next week at the imaging center. I go back and forth. The appts are hard to get but being in a small room for three different tests and three different nurses is making me nervous plus the fact that they are so close to you and intimate somewhat. 

Get your tests done. Do not put off needed medical treatment or tests unless your local authority tells you to.

The nurses will wash their hands. They're some of the safest people for you to be around!

Nurses are the safest people to be around, why because they was their hands?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

They are educated on how to avoid spreading disease, obviously. And they take it very very very seriously. For their own wellbeing as well as the health of those under their care.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

You don't know who is sick and who is not at this point plus I thought it was more of someone breathing on you being that close to them. The receptionist takes your insurance card and drivers license when you get there. I'm old which is probably my main concern. They aren't washing their hands.  

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

You don't know who is sick and who is not at this point plus I thought it was more of someone breathing on you being that close to them. The receptionist takes your insurance card and drivers license when you get there. I'm old which is probably my main concern. They aren't washing their hands.  

Well I'm not going to beg you to get medical care. That's for your family and close friends to do. I can't solve every worry for you.

I just know that when I start saying things like you've said here, I'm really just nervous about going to the doctor in general and am making up excuses not to go. DH checks me when I do that. That's just me. Your mileage may vary of course and you will do as you see best.

Good luck on your tests, whenever you get them. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

They are educated on how to avoid spreading disease, obviously. And they take it very very very seriously. For their own wellbeing as well as the health of those under their care.

So are MANY other people in this world, all healthcare workers are not nurses.  First responder are also trained in those areas.  Childcare workers deal with those issues on a daily basis not just the current virus.  That is just to name a few of the "unsafe". 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Seems some people in my life are trying to plant thoughts in my brain about the virus. Just this morning I got an email from my bank/cc company saying they are going to keep business as usual and that they will have all of their branches open and operating through this outbreak. Well I should hope so and if not do it over the internet...NBD. I didn't need another reminder about the outbreak, especially from my bank of all people.Smiley Frustrated

@SilleeMee   They might be getting flooded with calls and questions about their hours of operation during this time.

I know some grocery stores are getting hit with calls asking about inventory.

And yes, some are about TP.  *groan*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4   Get 'er done.  I'm sure they will be taking precautions for your well-being and theirs, too.

Good luck and be well.  You will be fine.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

Yes you're probably right about that. People are maybe going to get cash out of the bank in case something happens...whatever that means. People are just in a panic mode. 

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4   Get 'er done.  I'm sure they will be taking precautions for your well-being and theirs, too.

Good luck and be well.  You will be fine.

Thanks, I don't have anyone to discuss this with, I stay home anyway unless its a drs. appt., health that's not that great so I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision.