Honored Contributor

Re: My Thoughts on the Virus

@luvmyteddy4 -

I think many others are wondering this too and they really haven't addressed this that much.

So I guess we have to decide on our own.

I have ones too that are hard to get, scheduled months in advance-still deciding on one but cancelled another just because as much as possible like they said tonight, 

if we do not take all measures we can, we will be like Italy.

And yes, it is unsure wherever we go that people might not even know they have it, or people will be out and about with symptoms not knowing they have it.

So, I guess its a c shoot.

I think anything that is not urgent, it will still be available as an appt when things have become hopefully safer.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

TRUE TRUE TRUE you are so right about this. 

Valued Contributor

I was replying to NameAlreadyTaken, TRUE TRUE TRUE

Respected Contributor

I am speechless.

Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts are similar to yours @Anonymous032819 and I'm trying to keep my life as normal as possible too.  

That was an interesting story about your dad.  ❤️

Honored Contributor

I should add that I was in the emergency room over a week ago because my white blood cell count was elevated and my dr. wanted me to be evaluated.  I was tested for the flu and coronavirus.  I hate that test because they stick a long Q-tip up your nose and think they went to heaven (it hurts).  So the hospitals and immediate care facilities and dr. offices are all on high alert.  I am thankful for these medical professionals and staff that take care of us.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My thoughts are if that many people can be infected in the state of  Washington then it can happen anywhere in the US

Valued Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Get your tests done. Do not put off needed medical treatment or tests unless your local authority tells you to.

The nurses will wash their hands. They're some of the safest people for you to be around! As are day care workers, other medical professionals, dental technicians, beauticians, first responders, teachers, chemists, scientists in general, food service workers, nursing home employees, accountants, customer service workers, insurance agents, chefs, interior designers, office supply warehouse staff, administrative assistants, veterinarians, electrical contractors, snow plow operators, judges, retail sales staff, musicians, directors, commercial fisherman, counselors, FedEx drivers, and a partridge in a pear tree. 

Thought I would help you out @Porcelain , hopefully I didn't overlook too many careers. 

(Somehow though this more detailed response doesn't seem to be as geared towards helping the OP's concerns as your original response? Maybe I'm just not seeing it....oh! opticians! That's another one.) 

Cat Wink

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Trusted Contributor

Here is 93 year old Queen Elizabeth receiving the Order of St. John recently and shaking hands with the presenter - AMAZING GRACE

amazing grace.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I can't decide if I should cancel my tests for next week at the imaging center. I go back and forth. The appts are hard to get but being in a small room for three different tests and three different nurses is making me nervous plus the fact that they are so close to you and intimate somewhat. 

I have a few days before I would have to cancel but how do you decide?

@luvmyteddy4

You may want to call the center. They may have a recorded message giving changes to appointments. 

Some medical facilities will post information online.