Trusted Contributor

Re: My Thoughts on the Virus

And I myself am waiting at any moment to look outside at the horizon and see a band of zombies awkwardly walking about...

This is not post-apocolyptic people.  Don't feed into the fear.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I can't decide if I should cancel my tests for next week at the imaging center. I go back and forth. The appts are hard to get but being in a small room for three different tests and three different nurses is making me nervous plus the fact that they are so close to you and intimate somewhat. 

I have a few days before I would have to cancel but how do you decide?

@luvmyteddy4   Get 'er done.  I'm sure they will be taking precautions for your well-being and theirs, too.

Good luck and be well.  You will be fine.

Thanks, I don't have anyone to discuss this with, I stay home anyway unless its a drs. appt., health that's not that great so I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision. 

@luvmyteddy4   You can discuss here all you want.  If you care to share you results later, feel free.

Woman Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Panic, i don't really see that. taking percautions, being in -formed, doing what it takes, to stay well.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I can't decide if I should cancel my tests for next week at the imaging center. I go back and forth. The appts are hard to get but being in a small room for three different tests and three different nurses is making me nervous plus the fact that they are so close to you and intimate somewhat. 

I have a few days before I would have to cancel but how do you decide?

Get your tests done. Do not put off needed medical treatment or tests unless your local authority tells you to.

The nurses will wash their hands. They're some of the safest people for you to be around!

You don't know who is sick and who is not at this point plus I thought it was more of someone breathing on you being that close to them. The receptionist takes your insurance card and drivers license when you get there. I'm old which is probably my main concern. They aren't washing their hands.  

Not always...things have and will continue to change.  I.E. about 10 days ago I picked up two pairs of glasses.  As I was already paying attention to precautions, I'd planned on asking for the restroom to wash my hands (again! LOL) before my fitting as I knew the optician & I would be passing them back and forth.

Lo & behold, the receptionist had a large container of hand sanitizer on her desk for everyone to use.  Also noticed she was using it quite frequently (probably for the reasons you mentioned).

Unfortunately, we now have to be even more aware of our surroundings and in dealing with "strangers" whose sanitary habits are a mystery.

{shrug}  Just me, but I would not cancel medical procedures at this time.  Your mileage may vary.  Best of luck to you. Woman Happy

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Over 1,000.00 people are now virus free in Italy. They got it, it ran it course and they are good to go. Good news! Let's report that for a change.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

The streets there are empty,shops are closed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I think that Italy got it exactly wrong and look where they are.  Taking precautions as New York State and City are is the correct course of action so we don't become Italy or Iran.

Esteemed Contributor

Right now, I think you are only allowed to go the the pharmacy and grocery.  Everything else is off limits.  They screen you before you go too.

Trusted Contributor

I closed my family business in December.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to be running a small business today, with most customers not wanting us to do our work, employees needing their paychecks, and bills having to be paid - money going out but not coming in.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am surprised by how many businesses have sent me emails regarding how they are handling Covid 19 but not my credit union.  Now I am wondering if they don't care about my well-being😏