Esteemed Contributor

My Thoughts on the Virus

[ Edited ]

This is just my opinion, and I am speaking only for myself, and no one else, but life has a funny way of having things happen.

Call it G-d, call it Fate, call it whatever you want, but sometimes when one takes a step back, and looks at things, they can see that if "A" didn't happen, then "B" wouldn't have happened.

But as much as I miss my father, and always will, and I hate the fact that he's gone, I am glad that he isn't around for the virus.

This time last year, he was in a nursing home that was over 100 miles away from me, and yes, I would have been extremely worried about his health.

But, then again, my dad life was like that.

When he was a kid, he had to repeat a grade, because he missed so much school due to illness, which meant that he graduated one year later than he normally would have.

After graduation, he joined the Army.

His very last day of training, was the same exact day that they declared that WW2 was over.

He was scheduled to be shipped out the next day.

If he hadn't gotten sick and had to repeat a grade, my dad would have seen action, and who knows what would have happened then.

As for me personally, if I get sick, I'll stay home, but for now, I will also keep my life as normal as possible.

Lastly, if one is already a recluse, a hermit, a homebody, telling them to stay home really isn't going to change their lives much, because they already prefer to do that anyway.

Again, just my thoughts.

Carry on.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: My Thoughts on the Virus

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

This is just my opinion, and I am speaking only for myself, and no one else, but life has a funny way of having things happen.

Call it G-d, call it Fate, call it whatever you want, but sometimes when one takes a step back, and looks at things, they can see that if "A" didn't happen, then "B" wouldn't have happened.

But as much as I miss my father, and always will, and I hate the fact that he's gone, I am glad that he isn't around for the virus.

This time last year, he was in a nursing home that was over 100 miles away from me, and yes, I would have been extremely worried about his health.

But, then again, my dad life was like that.

When he was a kid, he had to repeat a grade, because he missed so much school due to illness, which meant that he graduated one year later than he normally would have.

After graduation, he joined the Army.

His very last day of training, was the same exact day that they declared that WW2 was over.

He was scheduled to be shipped out the next day.

If he hadn't gotten sick and had to repeat a grade, my dad would have seen action, and who knows what would have happened then.

As for me personally, if I get sick, I'll stay home, but I will also keep my life as normal as possible.

Lastly, if one is already a recluse, a hermit, a homebody, telling them to stay home really isn't going to change their lives much, because they already prefer to do that anyway.

Again, just my thoughts.

Carry on.

@Anonymous032819   I am a Christian but I also believe God's hand is in everything.  There have been times that I bemoaned what took place or wondered why and later, I realized that something even better occurred in my life and/or a warning occurred which kept me from harm.  We never know why these things occur.  We have to trust that all will be well as it ends well.

Honored Contributor

I am thankful that cities are taking this seriously and cancelling certain events. Our St.Patricks Day Parade is cancelled and may or may not be rescheduled.  It is good that cities are taking precautions rather than having a bunch of people sick.  I am very sick right now with Bronchitis and very fatigued.  My dr.'s office asked me three questions when I arrived yesterday so the medical field is on top of this.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

My thoughts on the virus?  If it's meant to be that I get it, then I'll get it.  In the meantime, I will use common sense precautions, such as washing my hands frequently, avoiding crowds unless I have to (no, I'm not going to give up my exercise class but I may not go to a theatre to watch a movie), and similar precautions.  But, I usually do all this anyway to avoid the "regular" flu.  

I pray for those who have contracted it that they recover without any long lasting effects and also pray that people use common sense and don't panic.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am thankful that cities are taking this seriously and cancelling certain events. Our St.Patricks Day Parade is cancelled and may or may not be rescheduled.  It is good that cities are taking precautions rather than having a bunch of people sick.  I am very sick right now with Bronchitis and very fatigued.  My dr.'s office asked me three questions when I arrived yesterday so the medical field is on top of this.

ITA

Very thankful people are finally realizing the impact this has on

our communities.  The cancellations & suspensions are important

and needed for this not to spread further within our country.

🇺🇸🇺🇸Kudos to those those who understand this🇺🇸🇺🇸

Honored Contributor

God helps those who help themselves.

I am thankful for city officials where I live who are taking seriously the recommendations by those who are on the front lines of this pandemic.

Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I am a believer in things sometimes happening for a reason.  My husband was changing jobs in 2001.  The job he wanted came down to my husband and one other man.  The other man got the job because he had prior Wall Street experience -- which my husband did not.  We were both very disappointed at the time.  Turns out that the job was for a subsidiary of Cantor Fitzgerald -- on the 101st floor of the World Trade Center.  I still get chills when I think about it.  

Honored Contributor

If you find out there's a tiny crack in your house's foundation, you don't ask God to fix it. You don't laugh about it since it's just a tiny crack that couldn't hurt anything. You don't burn down your house to get rid of it. You get it fixed by a professional while it is still small.

And God pats you on the back and says, "I gave you the idea to get the home inspection where you found the crack. I arranged to put the foundation expert through community college, I gave you your rainy day fund to pay for an issue this size, and I gave you brains to figure it all out. Well done. Now that other guy over there....would you please go talk to him? He's been praying to Me to fix his toilet for three years now."

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Seems some people in my life are trying to plant thoughts in my brain about the virus. Just this morning I got an email from my bank/cc company saying they are going to keep business as usual and that they will have all of their branches open and operating through this outbreak. Well I should hope so and if not do it over the internet...NBD. I didn't need another reminder about the outbreak, especially from my bank of all people.Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I can't decide if I should cancel my tests for next week at the imaging center. I go back and forth. The appts are hard to get but being in a small room for three different tests and three different nurses is making me nervous plus the fact that they are so close to you and intimate somewhat. 

I have a few days before I would have to cancel but how do you decide?