Respected Contributor

Re: My Sunday Newspaper Was Eaten By A Mouse!

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Rodents in the home should be taken care promptly.  They can do a lot of damage 

We had a mouse in our basement last year.  I realized it when it chewed up a mattress pad I had on a table down there.  Not only was the pad totally chewed, it had yellow stains all over it from you know what and mouse poo everywhere.  I hated to do it but DH set a trap and caught it the first night.

We had a mouse problem in our garage and they used to get under the hood of my car.  One day I opened my hood to put windshield washer fluid in and there were all kinds of seeds and nuts on top of my engine!  I asked DH what was going on and he said it was a mouse/mice doing that.  We set traps and no joke that first night we caught 6 mice!  They were tearing down a wooded area at the end of our street and flushed all kinds of animals and critters out of there.  People closer to that area had rats so I guess we were lucky.

Mice really are cute little things though.     

Sorry.  I think they're vile.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: My Sunday Newspaper Was Eaten By A Mouse!

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Rodents in the home should be taken care promptly.  They can do a lot of damage 

We had a mouse in our basement last year.  I realized it when it chewed up a mattress pad I had on a table down there.  Not only was the pad totally chewed, it had yellow stains all over it from you know what and mouse poo everywhere.  I hated to do it but DH set a trap and caught it the first night.

We had a mouse problem in our garage and they used to get under the hood of my car.  One day I opened my hood to put windshield washer fluid in and there were all kinds of seeds and nuts on top of my engine!  I asked DH what was going on and he said it was a mouse/mice doing that.  We set traps and no joke that first night we caught 6 mice!  They were tearing down a wooded area at the end of our street and flushed all kinds of animals and critters out of there.  People closer to that area had rats so I guess we were lucky.

Mice really are cute little things though.     

@Lipstickdiva  As one of my neighbors likes to say, it's hardly ever one mouse.   They almost always bring "friends and relatives".

In our basement it was just that one.  We've had no issues since with finding droppings but just in case we still keep traps set.  Outside is a whole different story.

I keep a bin of birdseed in my garage.  Over the summer I opened up the lid to grab a scoop and a mouse ran across my hand.  I screamed not because I'm afraid of mice, but it scared me and caught me off guard.  The poor thing froze like it was as scared as I was.  I was able to take a picture of it sitting in that bird seed.  The face was really adorable.

About a month later, I found a dead mouse in my backyard that I'm sure a stray cat got.  I wondered if it was that same mouse or a friend.  Made me sad though.   But I just don't like the destruction.