Esteemed Contributor

My Stupid Furnace Keeps Coming On.

It's been in the 30s overnight here and in the high 40/low50s during the day.  We just had flurries. We are to get a couple of inches tomorrow or Sat.

I know all too well it's not surprising here in NE PA, but geez.  Monday we had terrible downpours, he**ish wind and sun.  Yep, all in one day.

I was kind of hoping we would get some decent sunny 60/70 degree weather to offset being housebound. Open windiows will be great.  Not nice weather to go out mosey around in the yard.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Stupid Furnace Keeps Coming On.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 So I guess you’re glad your furnace is coming on. You make it sound like a bad thing. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

It's been in the 30s overnight here and in the high 40/low50s during the day.  We just had flurries. We are to get a couple of inches tomorrow or Sat.

I know all too well it's not surprising here in NE PA, but geez.  Monday we had terrible downpours, he**ish wind and sun.  Yep, all in one day.

I was kind of hoping we would get some decent sunny 60/70 degree weather to offset being housebound. Open windiows will be great.  Not nice weather to go out mosey around in the yard.

Furance hasnt been on in my house since mid March.  Use blankets, shawls, and even a hat if you are chilly.  In these uncertain times keeping the natural gas bill under 100 dollars is paramount.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 So I guess you’re glad your furnace is coming on. You make it sound like a bad thing. 

It's something I say every year. Of course you are glad the furnace works, but April always gives you a taste of warm weather and then it snows. I too complain about the furnace coming on, it's what you do in spring in the northeast. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

That sounds like a "smart" furnace, to me.  It's keeping you comfortable!  

although our days have warmed up, it's still chilly at night.  My furnace comes on, too.  

Honored Contributor

lol    The furnace has no brain, so someone in the house has to decide where to set the thermostat.  This time of year I wanted my furnace to run once each morning to relieve the damp chill in my old house.

But I did have  friends who set their furnaces by the calendar rather than the outdoor temperature. 

Honored Contributor

I'm grateful ours has been running - it has been 20 at night, and 35 during the day. We will reach the 50's by the weekend.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Do you ever see the positive in anything, ever??  

Esteemed Contributor

So does mine, and I am loving it.  I run really cold and bless mine.  I also have a heating pad under my feet right now since they seem unhappy.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Furance hasnt been on in my house since mid March.  Use blankets, shawls, and even a hat if you are chilly.  In these uncertain times keeping the natural gas bill under 100 dollars is paramount.

Why??  Do people turn into pumpkins otherwise??  How people spend their money, ie so foolishly on heat...their business.