Respected Contributor

Re: My QVC / UPS package was smashed into my mail box

@Kachina624 wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Interesting to see this.  I have become annoyed with UPS lately.  Within 1 month, I have had 2 shipments state delivered, I had no package waiting and just yesterday I received another one with a hole in the side of the box.  This delivery was shower gel and I thought for sure some of the bottles would of been damaged. Thankfully they weren't.  But, it is discouraging me my ordering anything.  They have never been so sloppy.  Sure, once in a while things happen, but it seems to be often these days. I cant imagine what we can expect for the holidays.

@aprilskies.  I too have seen a change in attitude at UPS.  They've become sloppy and slow.  In one 10 day period, they destroyed two of my packages after they got to Albuquerque.   They notified the shippers but not me.  I had a package that shipped from the Ontario, Ca., warehouse.  It quickly got to Phoenix, Az. where it sat for 7 days in their facility, less than a day's drive from its destination.  Packages coming from the East often sit for 4-5 days in the Hodgkins, Il. distribution center.

UPS doesn't move an inch on week-ends.  Maybe they'd speed things up if they did.

I'd much rather have UPS not involved in my package shipping and delivery.  I get much better service from the post office.

@Kachina624, I see I am not alone. It is a shame. I wonder, new workers, management, rules?  Whatever the case, it is making me think twice about ordering a ton during the holidays.  Hopefully, these are isolated incidents but I dont remember such poor service from them over the years. 

Occasional Contributor

I've had too many unsavory experiences with UPS as of late.  On two occassions, parcels which were marked as delivered were mia from my mailbox.  I went into my nearest post office right away to inquire and they clearly had someone playing games over there.  I finally got so sick of this that I went to the UPS site and signed up for informed delivery where I can see exactly what's on it's way to my mailbox.  Recently they lost my QVC delivery after I had them hold my mail while out of town.  I went in to pick up my mail and they handed me everything except the package which had been shown as delivered.  It took two trips and far too long for them to search for my parcel.  Excuse me but did I put a hold on my mail or not?  

Esteemed Contributor

No one rings the door bell anymore like the old days. Before I turn in I have to look on the porch.

Occasional Contributor

I have had my packages opened and my label removed. The label on the outside of my packages are being taken. My thought is that they are looking for credit card information. I have had the UPS deliver my packages opened and items stolen, in the day when everything was delivered via UPS. Now that they are doing the UPS surepost, a whole new issue. I had a text alert that my package was delivered to my mailbox. Yet, there was no package. What a mess. Contacted UPS & no help. It is in the hands of USPS. Contacted local Post Office. After a huge hassle. I get a call back and the lady tells me to describe what the contents of the package was. She said "oh yeah, this package is yours that's sitting here opened". She informs me there is no label on the package. She took my name and address and said she would have my package delivered to my house. I did get my 6 piece set of lock n lock bowls. No shipping/warehouse label inside box. All that was taken. Did get my contents. I called QVC to make a suggestion that they please do not put that label with our customer info on outside of the packages. Please put that on the inside. Customer Service Rep. informs me that they have always shipped things packaged this way. I tell her well maybe it's time to rethink your packaging methods, especially if your customers personal information is being compromised. The plastic film over the top of that paper label on box is very flimsy. Our customer number (that has the last 4 digits) and our credit card (last 4 digits) is on that paper. This problem seems to be happening more often. We have people who are dishonest working for the UPS & USPS & I don't appreciate my personal information on the outside of the box for these delivery people as a temptation to steal that label. As noted, I have contacted QVC, UPS & USPS of packages being either stolen and/or my paperwork taken. With today's world...not sure if it will change? However, I did contact QVC to try to help out all (us) customers so we can be assured that there is no compromising on their (QVC) part & how they seem to carelessly handle our personal information in the way they choose to package our items. I wish everyone the best when it comes to shopping QVC or any online shopping now days, as thieves are handling our purchased merchandise. Just so frustrating. Don't give up reporting the issues you have with QVC, UPS & /or USPS. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the oil. Just saying!
New Contributor

UPS can't leave anything in mailboxes. It is against the law. I worked for UPS for 37 years so I know this to be true. QVC has UPS forward pkg to Post Office in your town and then mail carrier delivers pkg. Problem is with P. O. Not UPS.

Honored Contributor

@mamakins.  There's not a thing a crook can do with just the last four digits of your customer or credit card number, so you can rest easy.  The reason there are only four digits is that nothing can be done with the information.  QVC is in no way compromising our privacy or account security.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

USPS routinely jams boxes and soft qvc envelopes into my mailbox.  Sometimes it's really tough to get a box out.  They have also left boxes at the curb which is even worse. They are not supposed to do that at all. The problem is they are supposed to bring the package up to the door if it can't fit in the mailbox, so they really stuff things in the box to avoid getting out and walking the package to the house.

Honored Contributor

@celticgal

Guess you did not read that I paid the 3.50 up charge which I do often to have UPS deliver my package directly. I have not seen my regular driver in a while but next time I do be will be made aware of what happened

@celticgal wrote:

UPS can't leave anything in mailboxes. It is against the law. I worked for UPS for 37 years so I know this to be true. QVC has UPS forward pkg to Post Office in your town and then mail carrier delivers pkg. Problem is with P. O. Not UPS.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.