Honored Contributor

Re: My QVC / UPS package was smashed into my mail box

@I am still oxox  Call customer service and tell them you do want your orders shipped by UPS anymore....you may pay higher shipping with a different logistics company, but at least you will not hopefully gave this issue any more and it may be worth it to you.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I pay to have my orders shiped by UPS 90% of the time they are delivered to my door, its just this particular idiot who decided that my mail box was my door. There is no higher priced shipping way other that having a messenger pick up the packages

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@I am still oxox  Call customer service and tell them you do want your orders shipped by UPS anymore....you may pay higher shipping with a different logistics company, but at least you will not hopefully gave this issue any more and it may be worth it to you.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Today I'd be happy to have my most recently expected package jammed in my mail box.  This particular item, ordered 13 days ago, has been in-state for 4 days, 3 of them at my post office and still not showing as out for delivery.  I mean come on, it only took 2 days to get from the east coast to the west coast, to a city about 100 miles from me. The rest of the time was spent as in process, then to advance order, then back to in process. I'm very patient, but this is ridiculous.

I'm frustrated with QVC for taking so long to ship it and with USPS for not delivering it in a timely fashion.

I have two more recent orders on the way, and how quickly they are or aren't delivered will probably determine if I'm willing to place future orders with QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you sure your pkg wasn't turned over from UPS to USPS? I've had this happen with my regular USPS person stuffing boxes, etc into my mailbox. I think that is where the real problem lies, not with UPS.

Honored Contributor

@riley1

I said at least 5 times I paid the up charge to have to package delivered directly.

It was sent yesterday from QVC I paid the 3.50 up charge ortherwise  it would of been delivered tomorrow by the Post Office

@riley1 wrote:

Are you sure your pkg wasn't turned over from UPS to USPS? I've had this happen with my regular USPS person stuffing boxes, etc into my mailbox. I think that is where the real problem lies, not with UPS.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies wrote:

Interesting to see this.  I have become annoyed with UPS lately.  Within 1 month, I have had 2 shipments state delivered, I had no package waiting and just yesterday I received another one with a hole in the side of the box.  This delivery was shower gel and I thought for sure some of the bottles would of been damaged. Thankfully they weren't.  But, it is discouraging me my ordering anything.  They have never been so sloppy.  Sure, once in a while things happen, but it seems to be often these days. I cant imagine what we can expect for the holidays.

@aprilskies.  I too have seen a change in attitude at UPS.  They've become sloppy and slow.  In one 10 day period, they destroyed two of my packages after they got to Albuquerque.   They notified the shippers but not me.  I had a package that shipped from the Ontario, Ca., warehouse.  It quickly got to Phoenix, Az. where it sat for 7 days in their facility, less than a day's drive from its destination.  Packages coming from the East often sit for 4-5 days in the Hodgkins, Il. distribution center.

UPS doesn't move an inch on week-ends.  Maybe they'd speed things up if they did.

I'd much rather have UPS not involved in my package shipping and delivery.  I get much better service from the post office.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have no issues with UPS.  The mail lady takes out her frustration having to deliver packages on my packages.  The mail goes in first, then Q bags get wadded up and stuffed in.  I cringe when I open the mailbox and see a white bag.  I'm not sure if calling would do anything.  

Honored Contributor

@GCR18.  They're only required to deliver, not deliver NEATLY.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

obviously your idea of UPS depends on your local outlet.  i couldn't be happier - and i live in Los Angeles, a huge metropolitan area.  they move things from airports, hubs etc very quickly and i rarely have an issue with late delivery. speaking up here is interesting - but better to lodge complaints in your area to actually get something done.

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness the mail boxes in our building are those skinny old fashioned ones.....they get crammed full with catalogs, which are hard to get out.  But as far as packages being delivered by USPS, the drop them on the floor at the front door to my apartment.  Then my neighbor next door to me picks them up and puts them at my back door....then calls me to let me know she has done this.  But UPS and FEDX usually put them at the back door, knock and leave.