Honored Contributor

My QVC / UPS package was smashed into my mail box

My normal UPS man is great he brings my packages up to the second floor apt. The helpers are always horrible, today I found my package of 2 pair of pants smashed into my mail box which we leave open.

I would really like to call UPS and make an issue but I do not have the strength to deal with them

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Re: My QVC / UPS package was smashed into my mail box

I have had a box wedged into my mailbox from the USPS that I didn't think I could get out.  I finally got it out ater 20 minutes.  I couldn't beleive that anyone would try that, but anything goes anymore.  I never had UPS do that, they always bring it to the door and leave it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, you probably won't get anywhere with UPS anyway. 

That's not a put-down of UPS.  That's just to say that what they will probably tell you is that you need to contact the shipper (QVC) and file a claim.

BTW, are you sure it didn't go from UPS to USPS and was delivered through USPS?   I ask because I don't think UPS can put parcels in peoples' mailboxes, can they?

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

My normal UPS man is great he brings my packages up to the second floor apt. The helpers are always horrible, today I found my package of 2 pair of pants smashed into my mail box which we leave open.

I would really like to call UPS and make an issue but I do not have the strength to deal with them

@I am still oxox  First, UPS is not supposed to leave anything in a mailbox.  Are you sure it was not USPS surepost, that UPS sent it there to be mailed?  If not, guess the guy decided the item was not fragile.  I have had many problems with UPS, but lately, I have a regular guy several times a week, and that is fine.

If the item was damaged, I would file a claim, but since it wasn't, I wouldn't bother going through the hassle, but you may be able to tell UPS what happened online.

Respected Contributor

Interesting to see this.  I have become annoyed with UPS lately.  Within 1 month, I have had 2 shipments state delivered, I had no package waiting and just yesterday I received another one with a hole in the side of the box.  This delivery was shower gel and I thought for sure some of the bottles would of been damaged. Thankfully they weren't.  But, it is discouraging me my ordering anything.  They have never been so sloppy.  Sure, once in a while things happen, but it seems to be often these days. I cant imagine what we can expect for the holidays.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i love my UPS guy. when he is on vacation, i suffer. he tells me in advance so i can plan ahead!

anyway when my guy was off for a day, i did have an issue with a package being on the truck and then not being delivered because i wasn't home when i was home.  i happened to mention it to my guy and it turned out my whole area experienced the same thing.  he was delighted to know - and ASKED me to report it.  he wants the alternate to shape up - because he had double the work the next day. he wanted UPS to know.  so i followed his lead and made a report.

so i suggest you talk to your regular and get his advice.

Super Contributor

I am sorry you are dealing with that. It really just bites my butt when people refuse to simply do their job. Isn't that what their employer is paying them to do?

We are very fortunate with both our USPS and our UPS delivery people, even, it seems, the fill-ins and helpers. Our packages are always placed or stacked neatly on our porch. Our UPS guy is aware that both my husband and I are disabled (but functional) and will not even hand a package to my husband. If any package is a bit heavier than normal he will ask one of us to open the door so he can place the package inside for us. We can't ask for better delivery service than that.

@I am still oxox, I hope you resolve this. No one wants to receive something they've been waiting for in less than good condition due to a lazy delivery person.

Hugs . . 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxoxI agree with your idea that the service we get depends upon which individual does the delivery -  I haven't found that which service is used leads to better or worse, but having a sub on the routes has made a difference many times with all the delivery services.

Honored Contributor

I may have ya'll beat.  This was delivered by UPS last week.

TEMPTATIONS BLUE FLORAL.jpg

Honored Contributor

PS

It is illegal for UPS to put your pkg in your mail box.  Their drivers would definitely know that.  My guess was that UPS transferred your delivery to the Post Office.

"The U.S. Postal Service would like to warn people that only authorized U.S. Postal Service delivery personnel are allowed to place items in a mailbox.  By law, a mailbox is intended only for receipt of postage-paid U.S. Mail."