Respected Contributor

Re: My Precious Pup Just Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

@Perkup I am so sorry for your loss...like many here, I've been through it more times than I care to remember. Everyone is different, and you'll know when you're ready to welcome a new dog into your life. For myself, three weeks is about as long as I've ever been without a pet in the last 20 years or so. I don't call it replacing, I call it filling that empty place in my heart and my home! They've all been their own lovable selves...no comparing one to another. I know your sheltie has found his daddy and they are just having a blast together!

Super Contributor

@Perkup I so sorry for your loss... when they pass they take a little bit of your heart with them. 💔But you always and forever have the good time memories. When I am missing my Bezer... I hope I made him as happy as he made me.
Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss, it is such a huge hole in our lives and hearts that they leave.  I had to do it 23 years ago with my poodle,  I still miss him and think of him a lot. Hope he is with my Dad whol loved him too.

I will pray for you to hurt a little less each day.   Cherish all the memories you had with him. .

You did what you had to for him,  but it's still difficult thing to do. 

Hugs to you....

Trusted Contributor

My eyes filled with tears as I read your post.  Prayers for you and wishes that the pain in your heart will soon be replaced with the wonderful memories I know you have of your pup.  I'm so very, very sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry!  Heart

Lots of hugs are being sent to you.  Heart

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry, I have had Shelties for years and know your pain. Please take care of yourself. 

Super Contributor

Oh, I am so sorry.  It is SO hard to lose them.  Hugs to you. 

Respected Contributor

Keeping y9uin my prayers, I went try it twice last year and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I do have a new puppy and she has made the biggest difference in my life. I miss my seniors, but i love having another fur baby to love. Dogs love unconditionally I thank that's why it hurts so much when we have to say goodbye. 

Valued Contributor

I can't imagine what you're going through at this moment. We love our fur babies. You are in my prayers. Hugs and more Hugs. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, @Perkup.  You did the right thing for your sweet Sheltie.  

Our furbabies just do not live long enough.  Smiley Sad

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org