Trusted Contributor

My Pillow pet bed is no more thanks to Mr. Puppy

In the scheme of life this is not major, but...

My sister gave me a large My Pillow pet bed which my Akita loved.  He is a very mellow, docile Akita. Well, I had him outside in the evening last week while I was finishing a project-maybe 20 minutes, but he had access to the laundry room where this bed was.  When I went back to bring him in, I found the bed was ripped down the center and foam was coming ou-looked like it was snowing in the laundry roomt. Guess he showed me.  I called My Pillow headquarters on Friday and spoke with a very nice woman who tried to help.  I explained the situation and asked if I could purchase a cover so that I could salvage it and not have to throw it out ( It's over $100 ).  She thought they had some floating around but the warehouse and went to check but the came back and said the man had left for the weekend. She took my email as a way to more easiy respond.  Email from him yesterday saying they they do not currently sell any replacement covers.  : (   I know it is my responsibiity that this accident happened, but I am disappointed that they were not more helpful.

I love the many My Pillows that I have purchased from Q,  Guess I was just expecting the My Pillow office to be able to help. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Pillow pet bed is no more thanks to Mr. Puppy

My Pillow DID help you. They went above and beyond what a lot of companies would have done.

The person who took your call said that they would look to see if they had any more covers in stock, and they actually looked for YOU.

They said that they would get back to you, and they DID, and in a timely manner, no less.

Companies don't keep a plethora of every single item that they have ever made and sold for all of eternity, just in case some day, somebody might want one.

Sorry, but that's the reality of business.

Maybe they weren't selling well, but in any warehouse, every inch of space is premium real estate, and has to be used wisely, and companies don't keep old stock, which takes up valuable space, when that same space can be better used for new stock.

Disappointing?

Sure, but they did everything that they could for you.

Esteemed Contributor

When you have puppies, things like this happen.  We call our Darcy the surgeon because she "operates" on things.  Unfortunately, she has a poor success rate.

It sounds to me like the My Pillow c/s rep did the best under the circumstances.  Not everything has a replacement cover.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see they are still selling them, so I'm guessing they do have the covers.  But the stuffing is so cheap that I'm sure the cover is a lot of the expense.  If they send you a cover, they won't be able to sell another bed.

I'm totally guessing they chose not to sell you another cover.  They would have to get practically what the complete bed would cost just for the cover and you wouldn't want to do that either.

It would be really easy and probably much cheaper to have someone make you a zippered bag out of sturdy material to put your stuffing in.  Do you know anyone that sews?

Honored Contributor

@kjae,   Another poor excuse.  The owner should not sell the pillow without a cover.  Dogs, if young enough, are going to mischievous.   That is no way to run a business.  You paid a lot of money for that pillow.  What does the owner expect you do make a cover?  I would complain to the Top that the dog tore it apart because there was no cover.  The decent thing to do is to replace the pillow and give you a cover.  The owner should have covers available if he is selling these dog beds.  Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@mima

Respected Contributor

I just looked up the pillow.  It doesn't appear that there is a separate cover for it.  Rather, it's a constructed bed with no extra outer cover.  

If puppy was destructive and chewed my slippers, should I expect the slipper manufacturers to replace the slippers?  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Occasional Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@kjae,   Another poor excuse.  The owner should not sell the pillow without a cover.  Dogs, if young enough, are going to mischievous.   That is no way to run a business.  You paid a lot of money for that pillow.  What does the owner expect you do make a cover?  I would complain to the Top that the dog tore it apart because there was no cover.  The decent thing to do is to replace the pillow and give you a cover.  The owner should have covers available if he is selling these dog beds.  Cat Mad

@Katcat1

The bed does come with it's original cover.  However, My Pillow doesn't sell replacement covers.  I don't see where the company did anything wrong.  They went above and beyond to help a customer.  Sometimes you just have to accept responsibility for the actions of your pets.  The original poster can buy a replacement cover on e-Bay, Amazon, PetsMart or any other company that sells pet bed covers or make one herself. 

Respected Contributor

The MyPillow Pet Bed is sold with a sturdy cover. It's too bad they don't sell covers separately, too, because it would be nice to have and extra one on hand. 

OP, I'm surprised your pupceas able to tear it. He's a determined guy! Hope you can repair it.

Valued Contributor

Piece of cake to make one, cheaper too.