Respected Contributor

Re: My Pillow Comercials on TV

@missy1

Good question. Manufactures can fool us by saying “made in America. “But they don’t tell you where the components of the product came from. It could be straight from China. I’m glad some American workers are involved in manufacturing but the “made in America” statement can be misleading.

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@SeaMaiden I couldn't agree more!! I watch tv (not QVC) all hours of the night. I see him advertising EVERYWHERE. IF these pillows were so wonderful, he would not be able to keep up with production. he must have an overload supply in stock,lol.. I can't change the channel fast enough when I see him. 

@TX-starlight   I went to Big Lots over the holidays to pick up some Christmas decorations on the cheap and there was a huge end cap in the store devoted to MY PILLIOW.  If he is selling to discount closeout wearhouses.... why would QVC continue to sell the darn thing?? That is my question.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

The Marie Osmond commercials outshine My Pillow. I am so sick of her and hearing she lost 50 pounds. She's everywhere and to think she's even at QVC. And the other day there she was staring me in the face at the grocery check out, from the cover of a magazine. 'I'm Marie and I've lost 50 lbs.' Well, you know what Marie? I don't care what your name is and you are as phony as your hair extensions.

@Judaline  Yes... both of these commercials are obnoxious to the fifth degree. On ALL THE TIME... and tacky and cheap.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

@missy1

Good question. Manufactures can fool us by saying “made in America. “But they don’t tell you where the components of the product came from. It could be straight from China. I’m glad some American workers are involved in manufacturing but the “made in America” statement can be misleading.

@Another new name Sue  Made in the USA  and sourcing of materials are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.  Lets find out where he gets his foam from.... his pillow case material from.... etc.  will he disclose this information?

Respected Contributor

DH ordered two of them.  They were awful, and we gave them to my daughter the next day.  She tried them for two nights (wanted to be fair) and then said she gaves them to the local Thrift Store that supports animals (or so she said).  No idea who is stuck with those awful things. I suppose some people would like them if they had been using awful pillows previously. For me it was like sleeping on a bag of slightly softened rocks. Lumps,lumps,lumps.

Super Contributor

The commercials didn't used to seem too bad, to me. I wonder if he's getting some really bad advice from his ad agency. This recent one, where he's in the guy's bathroom cabinet, is just creepy.

Some time back, he had a TSV that he claimed was totally USA made and sourced, down to the cotton grown here. 

One of his TSVs this year, he said would be the last of the year, and he had at least one, maybe 2, since then. This kinda put me off.

I do like my pillow, not a cure-all, but I have some serious neck issues, I don't think any pillow would be perfect. I do run it in the dryer from time to time.

Respected Contributor

I'm so glad I have a DVR so I can fast forward through all of these terrible commercials.  I think some of them are bad on purpose to get you talk about them or to even watch them.

Respected Contributor

I sure am sick of these too. Enough is enough  mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

I've never watched this man but was reading, on another board I frequent, a thread where everybody there was saying how profoundly creepy and skeevy this guy is.   Guess I'll have to check it out.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

@SeaMaiden I couldn't agree more!! I watch tv (not QVC) all hours of the night. I see him advertising EVERYWHERE. IF these pillows were so wonderful, he would not be able to keep up with production. he must have an overload supply in stock,lol.. I can't change the channel fast enough when I see him. 

@TX-starlight   I went to Big Lots over the holidays to pick up some Christmas decorations on the cheap and there was a huge end cap in the store devoted to MY PILLIOW.  If he is selling to discount closeout wearhouses.... why would QVC continue to sell the darn thing?? That is my question.

Because there are QVC customers who would buy dog poo if one of their favorite hosts was selling it, and never look at the price; they don’t care that they can buy it for half the amount at Big Lots or Amazon or Jet, they want to spend twice as much to make Mary Beth or Dan Wheeler happy. And it goes on; if people pay, QVC sells.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all