Respected Contributor

My Order Is Taking the Scenic Route?

I was checking the status of two of my orders.  Totally makes no sense.  It's bizzaro.

One pkg went from Downington PA, to Bridgeport NJ, to Windsor CT, then to Albany, NY (where I am located), not it's in Bridgeport NJ ... again.

Another one shipped on 11/30 and there's no tracking information at all. 

Respected Contributor

Re: My Order Is Taking the Scenic Route?

[ Edited ]

This happens because UPS will not improve the efficiency of their routes by purchasing more brown trucks.  It happens year round in case anyone thinks its seasonal as my packages take a scenic route more often than not.  The way to affectively be heard is to ask the UPS 800 people to have the local sup or manager call you back.  You can then voice your opinion that you know what they are doing and don't appreciate it.  It is infuriating that days are added to our delivery as we watch our packages travel 300 - 500 miles out of the way.  

Honored Contributor

I have an order taking a scenic route also.  It's coming from another vendor.  It shipped FEDEX smartpost.  They dropped it at USPS on Tuesday 4:30am.  8:10am it went out for delivery.  USPS is at most 4 miles from here.  It's not here yet.  Status says delivery pending.  The vendor didn't ship it right away.  I tried to cancel, but they said no.  I hadn't checked tracking for a while since they didn't know when it would ship.  I have to go to USPS tomorrow to see what's going on.

I haven't had issues where a package goes miles and miles out of the way.

Esteemed Contributor

Me too mine was all over the state of Florida tillI got it.

Honored Contributor

I had a UPS order go back and forth between two distant cities in my state, earlier this week.  Then it came in my direction and got delivered. You would think that with all this tracking, they'd take notice of their errors and fix things 

Trusted Contributor

I just checked the status of my orders too and I was really surprised by the fact that I purchased three items on the same date, two were delivered and the third one went to south san francisco where it's sitting right now and has not been delivered. Then I checked other orders, and they too are just held up some where I've never heard of or remotely close to where they need to be delivered??? And why is it that an item I ordered does not get shipped until three days after the order and in some cases almost a whole week? I am so turned off by QVC shipping rates and then to have to wait so long for an item to be delivered.

Respected Contributor

Two separate clothing items shipped on the same day with EDD of 12/6.  I did get one but the other one has no tracking info at all.  Just a tracking number.  Guess I'll have to call tomorrow.  But they are out of the size I ordered now Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

Well,  after having to pick up a QVC package at my UPS distribution hub last week that they had held for deven days, I tried to cancel another QVC package ordered before I realized the mess at my UPS point.  It wouldn't let me cancel so now the package just sitting at UPS.  I get notifications saying it's out for delivery but at the end of that day, it's rescheduled again and again.  

I'm getting stubborn and am refusing to go pick any more packages up.  Another was supposed to be picked up with the QVC package (Amazon) and the rude attendant said she didn't have time to find it plus it wasn't on her computer saying I would pick it up.  Sooo, right now, I have an Amazon package, a QVC package AND an HSN package sitting at UPS for several days. They apparently are lying on email notifications saying out for delivery.  My credit card has already been charged for these packages that have not been delivered.  

If they are returned to sender, I will have to make sure I get credited for them.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last surepost I had, took a couple days to ship from back east to here in California.  Then it sat at the post office for 3.5 days!!!!   They delivered to my home ON the EDD.  I wonder if because it got to post office early they just let ot sit there until the EDD? Just thinkin' why it would sit there!  This has happened other times as well.

@GCR18 wrote:

I have an order taking a scenic route also.  It's coming from another vendor.  It shipped FEDEX smartpost.  They dropped it at USPS on Tuesday 4:30am.  8:10am it went out for delivery.  USPS is at most 4 miles from here.  It's not here yet.  Status says delivery pending.  The vendor didn't ship it right away.  I tried to cancel, but they said no.  I hadn't checked tracking for a while since they didn't know when it would ship.  I have to go to USPS tomorrow to see what's going on.

I haven't had issues where a package goes miles and miles out of the way.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Order Is Taking the Scenic Route?@@@@

@makena  Doesn't do much good to call.   Their tracking shows the same as yours.   They have no crystal ball.   I had two packages like that in November and both were lost.   I'd like to know what happens to them? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment