Honored Contributor

Re: My Movie Theater is Re-Opening!

I love to go to the movies!  Our theaters are not open yet but it will still be awhile before I am comfortable with it.  I never eat at the movies.  People who complain about sticky floors and dirty theaters need to find a better place.  It is not like that where I go and I agree that going to a movie is not any more risky then getting hair cut, going to church or to a restaurant.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@firestorm wrote:

People, ask yourself: Would Dr. Fauci do this? Then make your decision.

@firestorm 

Since Fauci is on many poo poo lists on this board I'd say that's a bad question.

It's amazing how people are so willing to take a non-medical, non-expert, uneducated opinion over that of someone who is highly educated, studied pandemics most of his life, and is a actual expert on what's going on right now.  

It makes me wonder if people ever think or if Americans are just plain stupid.

Guess in your world anyone who thinks differently then you is stupid.  Makes me wonder about some things too.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart  .... How can you be an expert on what is going on right now when this is a new disease? All you can do is study and compare and try and find an answer.

As for Dr. Fauci. I believe Texas's Lt. Governor disagrees.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@firestorm wrote:

@firestorm 

Since Fauci is on many poo poo lists on this board I'd say that's a bad question.

It's amazing how people are so willing to take a non-medical, non-expert, uneducated opinion over that of someone who is highly educated, studied pandemics most of his life, and is a actual expert on what's going on right now.  

Guess in your world anyone who thinks differently then you is stupid.  Makes me wonder about some things too.

@CalminHeart   You keep posting the same thing on all the threads.

We get it.  You are the expert, disagree with you and that means posters are ignorant, selfish, do not listen to experts but fall in line with other "just plain stupid" people.

Give it a rest.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@firestorm wrote:

@firestorm 

@CalminHeart   You keep posting the same thing on all the threads.

We get it.  You are the expert, disagree with you and that means posters are ignorant, selfish, do not listen to experts but fall in line with other "just plain stupid" people.

Give it a rest.

Never claimed to be an expert, nor do I put the so called experts on a pedestal.  I have NEVER called anyone stupid, ignorant, selfish or any other name that keeps getting thrown around.  Makes me wonder about those who do.....

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Although I don't do it often, I also enjoy going to a movie theater, especially to see musicals.  

precautions are being observed, and people are venturing out into public for other reasons, not all essential.  And then there are all those people who have been shopping at Walmart, throughout this pandemic, and likely buying things that weren't essentials!  

Let's give the OP a break and not rain on her parade.  As for her being in CA....I also lived there until recently.  My former area has had NO Covid cases.  There are places where we can all safely start to go out and do things we enjoy.  

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Although I don't do it often, I also enjoy going to a movie theater, especially to see musicals.  

precautions are being observed, and people are venturing out into public for other reasons, not all essential.  And then there are all those people who have been shopping at Walmart, throughout this pandemic, and likely buying things that weren't essentials!  

Let's give the OP a break and not rain on her parade.  As for her being in CA....I also lived there until recently.  My former area has had NO Covid cases.  There are places where we can all safely start to go out and do things we enjoy.  

How lucky for those living in your former town, @september, because California is seeing spectacular spiking; the governor and the mayor of L.A. and some other cities and counties are instituting restrictions.

The problem with focusing on particular locales is that we don't sit still. As long as people are moving around and traveling, we're all in this together.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3    Yes, I'm aware that there are parts of CA where covid is running amok, but it's a big state.

I now live in a small New England town, and it wouldn't make sense to compare the covid risk in my town, to what is going on six states away, in DC.   That's the comparable distance between low risk parts of CA vs. high risk

areas.  I don't often see the distinction being made on this board 

people have been traveling to my new area as tourists for the last month, but following restrictions, and we've been seeeing a drop in cases. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues!  If not, we'll scale back to what we were doing last month. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@suzyQ3    Yes, I'm aware that there are parts of CA where covid is running amok, but it's a big state.

I now live in a small New England town, and it wouldn't make sense to compare the covid risk in my town, to what is going on six states away, in DC.   That's the comparable distance between low risk parts of CA vs. high risk

areas.  I don't often see the distinction being made on this board 

people have been traveling to my new area as tourists for the last month, but following restrictions, and we've been seeeing a drop in cases. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues!  If not, we'll scale back to what we were doing last month. 

I hope so, @september. I still would like to see a more centralized attempt to attack this creature; maybe one that still factored in the differences in some way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

@firestorm 

Simmer down.

Getting all hopped up over someone else's choice to live her life and return to some sort of normalcy is not good for the immune system.

It's perfectly fine to get hopped up over someone else's choice when it risks another's life.  

This is not all about her or any individual.  It's about everyone.

It's about the chain reaction/outcome that could happen because of her choice and making the pandemic worse.  She could pick up the virus (or already have it) and never be sick. She could pass it on to someone I love.  She could pass it on to someone she loves.  She could pass it on to strangers.  And a few of them will die.