Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Movie Theater is Re-Opening!

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Movie theaters opening apparently is allowed where OP lives.  She has choosen to go that is her choice.  To constantly lamblast her becasue it may not be something you would do is just plain rude.  .....I will stop there....

Well  did you stop soon enough...... many can read other responses to your postings.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Marp  .....  And now the concern is if you should be using public bathrooms.

@Sheila P-Burg,  that is always a concern but if you are referencing what I think you are yes, it is even more of a concern now.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Question for those going to theaters, restaurants and other inside venues--do you pay attention to air flow in relationship to your location?

@Marp 

I have been to one restaurant, a few weeks ago.  I did not pay attention to air flow in relationship to our location.  Really did not occur to me to do so, but it was a very open space with very high ceilings and we were only one table of two in the whole place.

Staff were great, masks and gloves and distanced as much as possible.  But honestly, I'm not itching to go to another restaurant any time soon.  The only other eating out I've done is at a friend's on their back patio where our very small group sat very spaced out.  

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, without eye protection you can get the virus when the a/c blows everything in your direction.   In a theater and no eye protection, not good.  In a restaurant?  Gee what could go wrong?  Many restaurants have shut down because an employee got sick, an employee who had been tested prior to employment and was wearing a mask (but no eye protection).  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819    Aren't you in California?  Strange they'd close the beaches but allow a movie theater to open, especially with CoVi19 cases escalating.  Seems very unwise.  I would not attend an event in an auditorium.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Movie theatres have been full of germs for years.  I don't see myself going to see a movie for a long, long time.

Our local mall has turned their parking lot into a drive in theatre on weekends.  You just need a radio in your car and it is free.  They do have a food stand for pop corn, candy and drinks if you are so inclined.

I think this is a great idea.  Last weekend they showed " Grease."

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819:  Out of all the movies you listed, I'd probably choose "Chicago" as well. Enjoy! Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Anonymous032819    Aren't you in California?  Strange they'd close the beaches but allow a movie theater to open, especially with CoVi19 cases escalating.  Seems very unwise.  I would not attend an event in an auditorium.

My county is not one of the 19 on the Governor's list where everything is closed (again).

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your life. No one knows when the end is coming and we need to take care of ouselves. Unless we dress like Robocop, we are not immune from anything. Enjoy the movie.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

Enjoy your life. No one knows when the end is coming and we need to take care of ouselves. Unless we dress like Robocop, we are not immune from anything. Enjoy the movie.

@elated, I think that message resonates -- in theory. I'm not sure that its purpose, though, includes taking risks that could drastically affect or even end such enjoyable living, when there are steps (temporary, I surely hope) that will allow us to enjoy our lives hereafter.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland