Trusted Contributor

Re: My Movie Theater is Re-Opening!

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Movie theaters opening apparently is allowed where OP lives.  She has choosen to go that is her choice.  To constantly lamblast her becasue it may not be something you would do is just plain rude.  .....I will stop there....

I think the purpose of the thread was for people to comment on it.

I would ask you to consider two things:

1)  Is it possible the OP is not really going to go to the movies; and

2)  Is it possible she wanted to cause well, a shudder in us poor shlubs who read her post.

I take what people post as what they mean. People can comment on if they would go or not, while others chose to attack her for her decision.  There is a difference

Well, I just thought considering more information might take away the 'shock value' of the post.  

Esteemed Contributor

Have fun at the movies. I agree, it will be nice to have some normalcy in your life.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Movie theaters opening apparently is allowed where OP lives.  She has choosen to go that is her choice. To constantly lamblast her becasue it may not be something you would do is just plain rude.  .....I will stop there....

I see no lambasting here; only opinions, and the OP shares hers on a daily basis.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Deree wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

What is the sense of wearing a mask to enter and exit if masks can be removed to eat and drink??

Will there be assigned seats or is it open seating?

Enjoy your movie but so many are available online today I'm wondering why this is such an important step for the theater??

I'm just not getting this.

-----------------------------------------

@Cakers  Your bolded statement.  This is what I've wondered about restaurants whether indoor or outdoor dining.  What about when you dine with people who aren't living under your roof?  Friends for example. They take their masks off to eat and are within inches of each other.  No doubt talking to each other as well.  How is this safe?  I don't get it.

Regarding restaurants, I can't remember the  number, maybe 6 or 8 at a table only, no matter who it is.   If you have a larger party, you have to sit at a different table.

I haven't been wearing a mask but I assume once you are seated you can remove your mask.    All the employees wear masks and every other table is closed off or removed for social distancing.

@software   Well yes one cannot eat and drink without removing the mask.  Unless on has an adjustable flap on the mouth.   LOL

I noticed you said you do not wear a mask.  Brave soul you are to post that here. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Movie theaters opening apparently is allowed where OP lives.  She has choosen to go that is her choice.  To constantly lamblast her becasue it may not be something you would do is just plain rude.  .....I will stop there....

2)  Is it possible she wanted to cause well, a shudder in us poor shlubs who read her post.

@stuyvesant 

Maybe it was a plant to see who is Brave and who is a Weenie.

Seems a little over the top to be thrilled to go see an old movie during a pandemic.  But that's just My Opinion.

PoorSchlubKitty

Some people enjoy going to the movie theater to see movies, just as some like going out to eat, or hair salons or many other places that have been closed for months.

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@stuyvesant 

Maybe it was a plant to see who is Brave and who is a Weenie.

Seems a little over the top to be thrilled to go see an old movie during a pandemic.  But that's just My Opinion.

PoorSchlubKitty

Some people enjoy going to the movie theater to see movies, just as some like going out to eat, or hair salons or many other places that have been closed for months.

Thank-you @CrazyDaisy 

I bought a ticket, so that means that I am going.

I posted because I wanted to show that with some changes, things are gradually returning to some sense of "normal".

Also, I enjoy actually going to the movies.

Sure, one can see a movie at home, but not everybody has a 72 inch screen, with stereo surround sound.

Movies are just better and more enjoyable on the big screen, at least, it is for me.

Besides, I thought that people here wanted  businesses to survive.

They can't do that if people don't patronize them.

But, maybe I was wrong.

Maybe people do want to see businesses shuttered, and have people out of jobs.

I know there are some who love to criticize every thing that I say.

That's fine, but that says more about them, then it does about me.

It makes them feel big, important, and better than.

If they need to feel that way about themselves, then again, that's on them.

Everybody has to decide for themselves what they are comfortable doing.

I am comfortable with doing this.

Others aren't, and that fine.

But why is it okay for people to go to beauty salons to get hair cut and/or colored, and nobody is criticized for that, but my movie theater opening and showing movies is?

Isn't going out anywhere putting yourself at risk?

Afterall, one doesn't need to go to the beauty salon. They can just cut and color their own hair at home.

So, why is one so objectionable, but the other isn't?

Seems hypocritical to me.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@firestorm wrote:

People, ask yourself: Would Dr. Fauci do this? Then make your decision.

So instead of WWJD,  it's WWFD?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Whenever I go to the movies I choke on my Junior Mints and cough like crazy. But I love Junior Mints so much that I always get them anyway. I can only imagine the stampede and panic that would occur if I went to a movie today and got my usual without thinking.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Movie theaters and indoor dining just closed again in much of CA.
Honored Contributor

Things are getting back to normal??????????

That's only if you consider the norm to be living with strict restrictions because that's now reoccurring in many states, including mine.

And to accuse anyone here of wanting businesses to fail and people be out of work is beyond belief.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

There is no need for the OP or anyone to feel they have to justify paying to go to old movies but getting services from salons is a service that most are not qualified to do  but watching old movies can be done at home so apple and orange comparison!!!   For me I never liked movie theatres.  I never did understand why it has to be pitch dark  when one theatre in my area keeps most lights on.  I also like to discuss what is happening so silently watching is silly to me.  Then there are the sticky floors and always talkers and those with ringing phones and often whinny kids.