Honored Contributor

Re: My Movie Theater is Re-Opening!

@firestorm wrote:

People, ask yourself: Would Dr. Fauci do this? Then make your decision.

@firestorm 

Since Fauci is on many poo poo lists on this board I'd say that's a bad question.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Not sure it would even be fiesable to open with so few in attendance and a discount price.  Seems like it would cost more to turn on the lights and air conditioning than they will collect.

This occured to me also.  There are some local restaurants that opened and then closed a week later due to a lack of diners.

Regular Contributor

FYI.............putting your head in the sand is NOT a strategy that will keep you safe & alive.

Esteemed Contributor

Movie theaters opening apparently is allowed where OP lives.  She has choosen to go that is her choice.  To constantly lamblast her becasue it may not be something you would do is just plain rude.  .....I will stop there....

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Movie theaters opening apparently is allowed where OP lives.  She has choosen to go that is her choice.  To constantly lamblast her becasue it may not be something you would do is just plain rude.  .....I will stop there....

I think the purpose of the thread was for people to comment on it.

I would ask you to consider two things:

1)  Is it possible the OP is not really going to go to the movies; and

2)  Is it possible she wanted to cause well, a shudder in us poor shlubs who read her post.

Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

2)  Is it possible she wanted to cause well, a shudder in us poor shlubs who read her post.

@stuyvesant 

Maybe it was a plant to see who is Brave and who is a Weenie.

Seems a little over the top to be thrilled to go see an old movie during a pandemic.  But that's just My Opinion.

PoorSchlubKitty

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I take what people post as what they mean. People can comment on if they would go or not, while others chose to attack her for her decision.  There is a difference

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@stuyvesant 

Seems a little over the top to be thrilled to go see an old movie during a pandemic.  But that's just My Opinion.

PoorSchlubKitty

Some people enjoy going to the movie theater to see movies, just as some like going out to eat, or hair salons or many other places that have been closed for months.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@stuyvesant 

PoorSchlubKitty

Some people enjoy going to the movie theater to see movies, just as some like going out to eat, or hair salons or many other places that have been closed for months.

Thank you for your opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure all the movie theatre chains will survive.  There were some losses in 2019 and now with COVID19, it seems some may not be able to recover.