Honored Contributor

Re: My Movie Theater is Re-Opening!

@Pook wrote:

With no new movies why are many anxious to pay to see old movies that they can get at home free or cheaper???

Movie theaters & their patrons were germy before the virus.

I go maybe once a year.

I do love movie theater popcorn, at my local theater I can walk into the lobby without buying a ticket, buy my popcorn & leave.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  That sounds like fun!  Enjoy!!  I would be so there for Ghostbusters and there is nothing like a musical on the big screen too.  

Regular Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

What is the sense of wearing a mask to enter and exit if masks can be removed to eat and drink??

Will there be assigned seats or is it open seating?

Enjoy your movie but so many are available online today I'm wondering why this is such an important step for the theater??

I'm just not getting this.

Seriously, getting excited about being in an enclosed theater in the middle of a pandemic? People WAKE UP!! This is serious stuff. 

There are so many other ways to see movies today that is safe. In your home!!!

Esteemed Contributor

So many major companies are holding blockbuster releases (probably for big money reasons).  I know so many people that are movie buffs and love the theater. There is no reason I would go to see an old film in a theater or a blockbuster.  My 65 inch 4k tv  has enough visual stimulation than necessary but not the same as a theater.  Love that you are looking forward to getting out, glad that the simple things bring you joy.  Please forgive my diatribe. 

Trusted Contributor

Going to a movie theater in a pandemic to see an old movie you can watch, and probably have, in the comfort of your home?

Knock yourself out.  I have a mask.  Lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last time I went to the theater was to see, Saving Private Ryan. Great movie, but I vowed that day,  to never go back.  

I've never been a theater fan, after so much could be brought to us in our own homes. But, I get that people are having cabin fever and just need to get out. 

Just remember that every time people gather together, even with some distance and wearing masks, the risks increase.  

In my county (in emergency status) we're being told to avoid such. One slip-up and you could be in trouble. You have to ask yourself:  'Do I feel lucky?'

Respected Contributor

@firestorm Yes, this is one situation that actually warrants yelling.  

Respected Contributor

I'm sure Cody would love to see "Chicago." It's on Amazon Prime. Nuke up some popcorn and settle in for the show, safe and sound.

Regular Contributor

People, ask yourself: Would Dr. Fauci do this? Then make your decision.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

The last time I went to the theater was to see, Saving Private Ryan. Great movie, but I vowed that day,  to never go back.  

I've never been a theater fan, after so much could be brought to us in our own homes. But, I get that people are having cabin fever and just need to get out. 

Just remember that every time people gather together, even with some distance and wearing masks, the risks increase.  

In my county (in emergency status) we're being told to avoid such. One slip-up and you could be in trouble. You have to ask yourself:  'Do I feel lucky?'

And since everyone will be eating and drinking there won't be any mask wearig either.

Unless they some hire some poor kid to go around  with a flashlight telling people to put their masks back on.