Esteemed Contributor

My Movie Theater is Re-Opening!

[ Edited ]

They will be showing movies such as "Ghostbusters" , "E.T." , "50 First Dates", "Cloudy With  Chance of Meatballs" , "Jaws", "Hotel Transylvania" , "Jurassic Park" , "Spiderman", "Spy Kids", "Trolls World War", and "Chicago" .

So, no new releases.

I love the movie "Chicago"!

I especially love the music.

There are only two showings of each movie on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

They are limiting seating to only 26 people per showing.

My hunch is seats will be spaced far apart from each other, such as every third or fourth seat will be open, and every other row, will be totally closed off.

So, I bought a ticket to see "Chicago" .

I'm confident that masks will be mandatory, and it goes without saying that yes, I'll be wearing one.

I will be seeing the movie on Saturday, and will report back on how they are running things.

Oh, tickets were only $5!

Can't pass up that bargain!

It'll be interesting to see the difference between when I saw it the first time in 2002, (yikes!) 18 years ago and now.

Besides, it'll be good to get out of the house and have some sort of sense of  pseudo "normalcy ".

106413914_3483470281687520_8919448566988294832_o.png

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: My Movie Theater is Re-Opening!

What is the sense of wearing a mask to enter and exit if masks can be removed to eat and drink??

Will there be assigned seats or is it open seating?

Enjoy your movie but so many are available online today I'm wondering why this is such an important step for the theater??

I'm just not getting this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

I've really been enjoying all of the free movies online, from the comfort and safety of my own home!

I've seen quite a few good ones, newer releases, not just older movies.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I won't be going to a theatre or other crowded place yet.  

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

What is the sense of wearing a mask to enter and exit if masks can be removed to eat and drink??

Enjoy your movie but so many are available online today I'm wondering why this is such an important step for the theater??

-----------------------------------------

@Cakers  Your bolded statement.  This is what I've wondered about restaurants whether indoor or outdoor dining.  What about when you dine with people who aren't living under your roof?  Friends for example. They take their masks off to eat and are within inches of each other.  No doubt talking to each other as well.  How is this safe?  I don't get it.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, staying far apart from one another is more important than wearing a mask so if the theater takes proper precautions I don't see a problem.  Last night we went to an "indoor" restauant for the first time.  No one was anywhere near us.  Had to wear masks entering and exiting.  Was wonderful to get out for a restaurant meal!!

@Anonymous032819  Chicago is a great movie!  It was on HBO or Cinemax awhile ago and I have it recorded.  Enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wouldnt go to a theatre right now. I just watch movies home on Hallmark and Lifetime! Woman Happy And On Demand.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

-----------------------------------------

@Cakers  Your bolded statement.  This is what I've wondered about restaurants whether indoor or outdoor dining.  What about when you dine with people who aren't living under your roof?  Friends for example. They take their masks off to eat and are within inches of each other.  No doubt talking to each other as well.  How is this safe?  I don't get it.

Regarding restaurants, I can't remember the  number, maybe 6 or 8 at a table only, no matter who it is.   If you have a larger party, you have to sit at a different table.

I haven't been wearing a mask but I assume once you are seated you can remove your mask.    All the employees wear masks and every other table is closed off or removed for social distancing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

With no new movies why are many anxious to pay to see old movies that they can get at home free or cheaper???  

That's an individual choice so enjoy but I'd just as soon watch any movie at home.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure it would even be fiesable to open with so few in attendance and a discount price.  Seems like it would cost more to turn on the lights and air conditioning than they will collect.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.