Honored Contributor

Re: My MIL passed away today

My deepest sympathies, @chihuahuamom.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I bet you are a great MIL, @chihuahuamom.  My condolences to you and her family.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry @chihuahuamom. I don't think its ever easy to lose those we love, even when its not a surprise.

My husbands grandma died in January, and it wasn't unexpected either. For over 30 years, she was a very sweet part of my life. I miss her.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chihuahuamom    ((((hugs))))

It is not easy to lose someone you love.

I would like to share how I lost my dear mother in law.... my first husband and I divorced and I only went to funerals etc. in his family after that.  I had been close to her but didnt want to make it awkward for her or the family.  Several years later her health declined but she went to a party for graduation of her granddaughter.  I went to the party also.  She had gone to lay down as she was easy to tire and I went to the bedroom say hello.  We had a tearful reunion.  She told me how much she missed me; I also shared my feelings of missing her.  That was the last time I saw her as she passed a short time later.  I was so greatful that I had that time with her. 

The mother in law jokes got our relationship all wrong... and it sounds like many others also.

Thanks for starting this thread so I had a chance to share this.

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom. So sorry fo the loss of you MIL. The only bright spot is that you will be together again....hopefully not any time soon.

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom

http://www.wordsonimages.com/pics/231624-Sympathy+quotes++++.jpg

My sympathy in the loss of your MIL.  I'm glad to hear you were good friends.  My MIL was one of my best friends forever.  (((Hugs)))

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

When you have the mother in law that you had, it truly is a loss.  My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I am so very, very sorry.

May I share this with you?  I found it to be of great comfort losing my second mom a week and a half ago.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side, spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speckof white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast, hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone," there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying..." ~ Henry Van ******

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry for your loss.  I too had great in-laws and parents and miss them all very much.  We lost my dad, FIL and MIL all within a few months of each other - My mom a few years previously.  Life is never the same without them, but they certainly all left a positive mark in my world!  Take Care!

Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom I'm so sorry for your loss. I was lucky enough to have a wonderful MIL, too, and blessed to live close to her. She was part of my life for 38 years. She's been gone almost 8 years now, and I still miss her! Sounds like your MIL was a lovely woman. I bet she's in Heaven with my mom & MIL and those of all of us who have gone on...and they are having a wonderful time showing her the ropes!

Looking forward to the day when we are all together again!