Super Contributor

Re: My MIL passed away today

I am so sorry for your loss and the grief and sadness you are experiencing.  

What a beautiful, loving tribute you have written!  I strive to be that kind of woman, mother and mother-in-law.  I hope my DDIL will remember me so sweetly when I am gone.  

Respected Contributor

So sorry for your loss.  It is rare to find such a wonderful MIL - mine was just an amazing woman - never got in our personal business, was always there when we needed her, loved her grandchildren unconditionally.  I hear so many MIL horror stories - I know I was blessed to have her in my life. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom I am so very sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family!

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

She was 91 and it was not unexpected.  I feel very sad about this, although I know she is in Heaven with the Lord and much much better off.  I know many of you have terrible MILs but mine was very nice.  She was a great role model and supporter of me.  I never lived that close to her (and am many miles away now), but kept in touch with snail mail, and then email when she went to live with one of her daughters.  I always hoped to be the kind of woman she (and my own mother) was as my family grew and then became adults.  So, here's to all great MILs out there!

I am so sorry for your loss! I like you love my mother in law! and my Father in law......She lives a nice full life though, at 91. You can be so glad you had that much time with her!Take Care~!

Honored Contributor

Sorry for your loss, what nice things you have to say.

I was blessed with a good MIL also, she has gone on to her reward as well.

She didn't have to like me, I was the SECOND wife.

@chihuahuamom

Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom, I'm sorry for you loss.

Heart

Trusted Contributor

@chihuahuamom, what a touching tribute you Heart gave about your Mother In-Law.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

May fond memories of your Mother In-Law bring you comfort during this difficult time.

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom

Condolences to you and all that were touched by your mother-in-law during her life. Sounds like a mother-in-law many would like having when they married.

hckynut (john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry for you loss.  You are very fortunate to have had such a good relationship with your MIL.  

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom I am very sorry for your loss.