Valued Contributor

She was 91 and it was not unexpected.  I feel very sad about this, although I know she is in Heaven with the Lord and much much better off.  I know many of you have terrible MILs but mine was very nice.  She was a great role model and supporter of me.  I never lived that close to her (and am many miles away now), but kept in touch with snail mail, and then email when she went to live with one of her daughters.  I always hoped to be the kind of woman she (and my own mother) was as my family grew and then became adults.  So, here's to all great MILs out there!

Honored Contributor

Re: My MIL passed away today

This makes me think of my beloved Dad 94...though he's amazingly healthy and active at his age acts more like 70 realize he won't be here forever. He's my Hero! Incredible human being. WW2 Decorated Officer, Cornell University outstanding Husband Father GrandFather. Sounds like your MIL was lovely lady, May God comfort you and her family. Love never dies, you will meet again. Thank you for sharing.
Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

She was 91 and it was not unexpected.  I feel very sad about this, although I know she is in Heaven with the Lord and much much better off.  I know many of you have terrible MILs but mine was very nice.  She was a great role model and supporter of me.  I never lived that close to her (and am many miles away now), but kept in touch with snail mail, and then email when she went to live with one of her daughters.  I always hoped to be the kind of woman she (and my own mother) was as my family grew and then became adults.  So, here's to all great MILs out there!

Sorry to learn this.  Prayers for you and the family!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Image result for deepest sympathy messages

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending sympathy word images

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

chihuahuamom wrote:

I'm so sorry, @chihuahuamom.    Thank you for sharing this tribute to your mother-in-law.   As difficult as it is to lose her, you will always have memories and gratitude.    When someone touches our life and changes us they become a part of us, and they live on in our words and deeds.    You carry forward her life and her spirit.   May she rest in peace.   My prayers go out to you and all who love her.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

My condolences to you and your family @chihuahuamom.  I had a great mother in law also.  I felt like she was Mary Poppins, "practically perfect in every way".  

It sounds like yours was just as great and it's hard when you lose someone like that.  I'm so sorry.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom

I am sorry for your loss.  How wonderful you had such a good relationship.  She must have been a very special person.  I pray your memories of her will bring you comfort.

Honored Contributor

So sorry, I know how you feel.  My in-laws were wonderful people with deep faith.  It still was sad when they passed away after long lives.

Honored Contributor

I have been married twice but never had a MIL.My first husband's mother died during the bombing of London in WWll, and my second husband's mother died about 2 years before we got married.