Super Contributor

Re: My Husband Spent 5 Hours In The Emergency Room Last Night

I am sorry you had to experience that. It is a scary/uncomfortable feeling being in an ER during NORMAL times with all the activity and noises from machines. I am happy to hear he is ok. I went thru a similar experience last Sun. I had chest pains and went to the ER ...thank God they let my husband in with me. I had so many tests and I was hooked up to a machine that kept going into an alarm mode and had he not been there I probably would have had a heart attack. Thankfully it wasn't a heart attack and 5-6 hrs later I was released. I pray that anyone that has to go through these things are allowed to have someone with them..it is scary enough. I completely understand precautions are bering taken to protect everyone. Bless this world.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ Thank goodness your husband is back home and hopefully feeling better now!  It sounds like you have a wonderful family support system in your son and new DIL.

Sending prayers for a quick recovery for your DH.   

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for your love & support. My friends here are the best!!❤️❤️
  We didn't have a very good first night of Hanukkah 🕎. We have 7  more to make up for it!! 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ     That must have been so scary to see your DH in such pain.  Glad he is home and hope he starts feeling better.

Esteemed Contributor

I am very sorry your husband (and you) had this experience.

It makes everything all the worse when the patient is alone, without the comfort of family.  But I do understand why, for the protection of all.  Still, so hard.

I am glad your DH’s problem looks like something that can be controlled, and I wish you, your husband, and your entire family blessings for the new year.

Esteemed Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I was in the ER for 8 hours.  I had my husband drop me off and go home.  He could have stayed with me, but I said no.  I was finally admitted .  I was diagnosed with covid and atypical pneumonia (due to covid) a few days earlier, but was so sick with diarrhea, couldn't keep food/pills down.  Was on an isolation floor for 3 nights.  I was also dehyrated.  It's good to be home now, but I'm so tired/exhausted with a sore throat.  Food doesn't taste good, but at least I can smell.

@henderson, I am sorry for what you have endured and for what you are going through now.  Please take care of yourself, as I know you will.  And please let everyone know how you are doing.  Best wishes for your complete healing.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  Any trip to the ER is traumatic but in these times it's tripled.  I'm glad to hear they found the problem and you know how to treat it.  You have a lot to be grateful for including your kind son and DIL. Nothing better than a loving family,irreplaceable.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  I hope he recovers quickly.

The whole "can't be with a loved one in the hospital", because of Covid, blows.  It is very, very hard.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I am so glad for you and your husband that it was only diverticulitis (though I don't mean to discount the fact that it can be quite painful), and not something that would require hospitalization!

We all need to be aware that hospitals and ERs are swamped across the country right now. None of us can expect the speed or type of care we are used to. Not a good time to have a health crisis.

Whether anyone believes Covid exists and is causing a shortage of care or not, the hospitals are full or nearly there.

I'm sorry you went through this, @NicksmomESQ. I think it's something that is getting more common at the moment. And it's awful that it's come to this. And still so little is being done about it in many places.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I was in the ER for 8 hours.  I had my husband drop me off and go home.  He could have stayed with me, but I said no.  I was finally admitted .  I was diagnosed with covid and atypical pneumonia (due to covid) a few days earlier, but was so sick with diarrhea, couldn't keep food/pills down.  Was on an isolation floor for 3 nights.  I was also dehyrated.  It's good to be home now, but I'm so tired/exhausted with a sore throat.  Food doesn't taste good, but at least I can smell.

I'm so glad you are on the mend! It sounds like you are over the worst part (congratulations!) and it is great that you can keep recuperating at home. May you continue to feel better and better and better each day. Heart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr