Super Contributor

My Hand mixer died..24 years of service

Sigh...so I went to Amazon to find a replacement...all the better models..name brands...are sold out...can get some odd ball items, all with bad reviews

Tried Home Depot, Kitchen Aid site, Black and Decker site Hamilton Beach site...same story. Only thing available is junk , some with PLASTIC beaters....yikes

I need a dough hook...so I guess Im looking for a two headed puppy...doesnt exist

With the pandemic many more folks must be baking...

Oh well...

Honored Contributor

Re: My Hand mixer died..24 years of service

Many more people are baking plus we just finished Christmas and merchants may not have replenished their stock.  Did you try Walmart?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I found the same when I looked to replace my clock radio. Just odd brands and so cheap they have limited features and probably are junk.  What happened to Sony??

I hope you can find what you want. You could look at eBay. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a kitchen aid one on the wal mat website with 2 dough hooks for 29.99. @ProudMa 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might want to check Ebay. I'm think I saw some with dough hooks there. I have my MIL's old hand mixer...must be over 40 years old and still working great .DH remembers his Mom whipping up goodies for him with it when he was a kid. Also check out 2nd hand/thrift shops/yard sales/flea markets/Goodwill for vintage still working great appliances. The older models usually are far superior than the modern plastic garbage offered today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Many more people are baking plus we just finished Christmas and merchants may not have replenished their stock.  Did you try Walmart?

@Kachina624 

Super point!  Plus SO many beaters are flimsy, you need to see it.

Honored Contributor

I have a small GE hand mixer we got as a wedding present in 1964 that still works.  I've made many double batches of cookies with that little thing.  One day a weld that held one of the beaters together broke.  I went to Walmart and bought the cheapest mixer they had just for the beaters.  They fit perfectly and I'm still using the mixer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ProudMa   When items are sold out at other sites, Bed Bath and Beyond comes through. May be worth checking.

Honored Contributor

They just don't make them like they used to. I have a 30 year old sunbeam that's still going strong. 

Respected Contributor

I have a Proctor Silex that is probably 35 years old.  Use it several time a week.  Going strong.  Was probably $10 back then.